Winner, winner, Creamy Chicken and Noodles dinner! Check out our newest microwave recipe. Most of the ingredients for this recipe are shelf stable. #MealsinMinutes #WeAreEFNEP
Makes 4 servings, 1 cup each
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 14.5 oz can low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 oz can evaporated skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package Ramen noodles
- 10 oz can white meat chicken, drained
- 14.5 oz can mixed vegetables, drained and rinsed
- Melt margarine in large microwave safe bowl for 20 seconds.
- Add flour. Stir with whisk until well mixed.
- Add evaporated milk and stir with whisk. Microwave 1 minute and then whisk.
- Add chicken broth, onion powder, and pepper and whisk ingredients together.
- Microwave about 6 minutes, whisking after every minute, until thick and bubbly.
- Crumble Ramen noodles. Remove seasoning packet. Add noodles to broth mixture.
- Add chicken and mixed vegetables to mixture. Stir Well.
- Microwave uncovered 5 minutes. Stir, then microwave for 5 minutes. Stir, and microwave for 3 more minutes.
- Let sit in microwave for 2-3 minutes. Serve.
- Melt margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- When margarine has melted, add flour. Stir until no flour can be seen.
- Slowly add chicken broth, stirring often.
- Add evaporated milk, onion powder and pepper. Stir.
- Heat until steaming. Stir every 30 seconds.
- Crumble package of Ramen noodles. Remove seasoning packet. Add noodles to broth mixture.
- Add chicken and mixed vegetables to broth mixture. Stir well.
- Cover pan. Turn heat to medium. Allow mixture to simmer until noodles are tender (about 5 minutes). Stir every 30 seconds.
1/2 cup vegetables, 3/4 dairy, 2 1/2 oz protein, 1 oz grains