Apples are a healthy and budget-friendly fruit. Check out this easy-to-make recipe using fresh apples.
Makes 3 servings, 1 cup each
You will need:
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups diced apples*
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
*about 2 medium Red Delicious or similar apples
- Pour pineapple juice into medium bowl.
- Place diced apples in pineapple juice. Toss to coat.
- Remove apples from pineapple juice with slotted spoon and place in medium bowl.
- Add chopped pecans and raisins to apples.
- Add vanilla yogurt to apple mixture. Stir well to break up clumps of raisins.
1 1/4 cup fruit, 1/2 cup dairy, 2 oz. protein