Cell: 678 622-2443
Fax: 770 252-2117
Service Area: Coweta, Fayette, Meriwether, Heard, South Fulton County
Knowledge and wisdom empowers us to live fuller lives. As a Certified Community Guide, I assist individuals with developmental disabilities and their representatives with the necessary supports to live an optimal life. Community Guide services are an integral part of the NOW and COMP Waiver programs for self-directed services.
Self-Direction gives individuals and their representatives the opportunity to choose their own services. I can assist individuals with and without a Medicaid Waiver. Community Guide Services can be paid by the Medicaid Waiver.
With over 17 years of training in promoting advocacy, awareness and building community partnerships, I can assist you in finding providers for caregiving, recreational, educational and therapeutic programs, supportive employment and other resources in your community. I can assist in budgeting and maximizing Medicaid funding for services.
My services also include visiting and making contact with providers. Many families do not have the time to make calls or know who to contact for services. I am a liaison in linking individuals and their representatives to community providers. I am also a parent of an adult child with autism.
I am one of the coordinator's for the Delta Air Lines Autism Initiative for flight travel. I assist families through our autism program to navigate through the Atlanta airport with a mock flight experience. The program supports families with children with autism and helps reduce anxiety and stress in preparation for air travel.
For a fee schedule, please email me. Thank you for your interest in my service.
Experience and Training:
• The University of Georgia, The Institute on Human Development and Disability (IHDD) –Community Guide Certification
• Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology from the University of West Georgia
• Licensed Georgia Real Estate Agent – BUSH Real Estate Group
• Co- Founder and Past President, A.S.P.I.R.E.S., Inc. (Autism Spectrum Parent Information Resource and Educational Services)
• Parent Trainer for Parent to Parent of Georgia- train parent, representatives and professionals in the IEP process, Special Education law, Medicaid Waivers, Dispute Resolution, Assistive Technology
• State Advisory Panel Member for Exceptional Students - Georgia Department of Education
• Focus Monitor - Monitor Special Education Programs through the Georgia Department of Education
• Board member – Region 6, Planning Board Member, Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities
• Family Support Trainer- Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities
• Autism Task Force and Grievance Committee – Department of Behavioral Health and DD
• Special Olympics volunteer
• Coordinate professional learning activities and training workshops, sensitivity training in schools and faith-based organizations