We offer majors, minors and certificates to boost your career. Pursue a career directly related to a major, or join us in pre-professional studies, such as pre-med, pre-nursing, or pre-law.
- Consumer Economics
- Culinary Science and Nutrition
- Consumer Journalism
- FACS Education
- Fashion Merchandising
- Financial Planning
- Furnishings and Interiors
- Housing Management and Policy
- Human Development and Family Science
- Nutritional Sciences
FACS programs are accredited, endorsed, or aligned with industry best practices.
What can you do with a FACS degree?
We make UGA affordable
We offer FACS students exclusive scholarships that pay for school and study away opportunities. Qualifiers allow many types of students to get scholarships, such as financial need, merit, and major. Even if you've had trouble academically, last year our GPA range of recipients was from 2.51-4.0.
- Scholarships - $88,380 was awarded to 80 of 160 applicants, with scholarships ranging from $450 - $3,650
- Study Away - $28,200 was awarded to 30 of 47 applicants, with awards ranging from $325-$2,350
We give you an edge in your career
We’ll make sure you get the best training possible. Once you graduate, whether you continue education or go straight into a career, you will have a competitive edge over your peers thanks to these experiential learning opportunities that will make your resumé shine:
The FACS Legislative Aide program puts you into the action: you’ll work with Georgia legislators while earning course credit.