Hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding, health emergencies and other situations affect many people. On this page you'll find information, preparation and recovery resources.
- COVID-19 vaccination facts
- Face Coverings and COVID-19 - CDC guidance
- What To Do If You are Sick English | Spanish
- COVID-19 and Food Safety FAQs
The resources listed below provide best practices for reducing risk for individuals and families. General information about COVID-19 is available from the CDC. Check back for updates.
"Be COVID Prepared" Toolkit for colleges & universities
- Plan Template
- When to Delay Travel
- 10 things you can do to manage your COVID-19 symptoms at home
- Tips for Students
- Stop the Spread
- Preparing Makes Sense for People with Disabilities and Special Needs. Get Ready Now
- Family Emergency Communications Plan (Fillable Card)
- Be Ready: Pack face Coverings and Disinfectants in your emergency kit
Food & Home Safety
- Home Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidelines
- Cleaning your home during COVID-19
- Disinfectants Approved by EPA
- Handwashing Guidelines
- Wash your Paws Georgia (poster)
- Homemade Hand Sanitizer Recipe English | Spanish
- Cleaning & Disinfecting Reuseable bags
- COVID-19 Food Safety & Sanitation FAQs English | Spanish
- Is Coronavirus a Concern for Grocery Stores?
- Is Coronavirus a Concern for Takeout?
- A good time to clean out the pantry!
- Healthy Eating on a Budget
Food Talk Videos - Watch to increase your knowledge of food & nutrition
- How to Find Child Care in Georgia during COVID-19
- Childcare Aware Coronvairus updates
- Motivating Your Child to be Active
- Tips for working from home with kids
- What You Need to Know About Social Distancing, Self-quarantine, & Self-Isolation
- Tax and Federal Stimulus Benefits
- FDIC - information on banking, economic impact payments, and avoiding scams
- Virtual eXtension COVID-19 Resources
- Guide to Mortgage Relief Options
- Corona virus scams to wtch out for
- When Your Income Drops - financial management strategies from UGA Extension
- Paycheck Protection Program - general imformation about the program
- Financial Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19
- Georgia.gov - Programs and resources to help Georgians with food, unemployment, health care, etc.
- Georgia Legal Aid information on evictions and more - English | Spanish
- COVID-19 Resources on Pinterest
- NEAFCS COVID-19 Resources
For more resources visit UGA Extension Emergency Resources.
General Emergency Resources
- Create a Kit: Plan on being on your own for a minimum of 3 days.
- Make a Plan: Involve household members.
- Be Informed: Make sure someone in your household is trained in CPR and first aid.
Emergency Preparation Resources
- Home Emergency Preparedness Handbook
- Home Emergency Preparation Kit Checklist
- Specific Emergencies - Why You Should Plan
- Emergency Preparation & Recovery - UGA Extension resource list
- Contact your County Extension Office (1-800-ASK-UGA1)
- Follow Climate & Agriculture in the Southeast Blog | Twitter
- Preparing for a Disaster (HUD)
Hurricane & Flooding
- How to Prepare for a Hurricane (FEMA)
- Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm (CDC)
- Mold and Flood Water cleanup
- National Hurricane Center - NOAA
- Portable Generator Safety - Avoiding carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning
- Preparing an emergency food & water supply - information on food and water safety and storage
- What to do if the freezer stops - English & Spanish
- Food safety - When to save and toss food in floods and power outages
- HUD Resources
- HUD Recovery & Response Videos - 10 minute videos on returning, restoring, and removing mold.
- Cleaning up
- If you have a mortgage, contact your mortgage company when FEMA has declared your area to be a Major Disaster Area.
- A HUD approved Housing Counseling Agency can provide counseling and information.
- Resources for borrowers from Fannie Mae and from Freddie Mac
- Financial Considerations after a Natural Disaster
- Financial Recovery and Risk Management
- Financial Management Publications
- Living Resourcefully with Reduced Income
- Managing Your Personal Finances in Tough Times
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Helping Children Cope
- Tips for handling Family Stress
- Children, Stress, and Natural Disasters
- Disaster Recovery links on UGA GreenWay Pinterest