Makes 3 servings, 1 ½ cup each
You will need:
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon zesty salt-free seasoning
- 1 ½ cups frozen broccoli pieces
- 1 cup instant rice
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- ¾ cup shredded yellow cheese made from 2% milk
- 6 -9 oz. canned chicken, drained
- Add water, broccoli, and seasoning to a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat for 2 minutes.
- Add rice to the broccoli and stir. Microwave for 5 minutes. Then let stand in microwave for 5 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise, yogurt, ½ cup of cheese, and all of the drained chicken. Stir.
- Top mixture with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
- In 10” non-stick skillet, heat water until it boils.
- Add seasoning and broccoli.
- Cover and cook 1-2 minutes or until water comes to a boil again.
- Break up any large pieces of broccoli.
- Add instant rice and stir well.
- Cover and remove pan from heat and let stand 3 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and yogurt and stir well.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to rice and stir.
- Add half of cheese and all of the drained chicken. Stir.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Heat on medium for 2-3 minutes until mixture is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
2-3 oz. protein, ½ cup vegetables, 1 oz. grains, ¾ cup dairy