Celebrate National Family Meals Month™ in September with some of our Meals in Minutes recipes. To savor the last days of summer, try out this recipe using fresh, frozen, or canned peaches.
We featured fresh peaches in the Fruity Parfait, but the original recipe calls for berries or other cut-up fruit. Frozen and canned fruit work well with this recipe.
Makes 2 servings, 1 cup each
You will need:
- ½ cup lightly sweetened cereal
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup berries or cut-up fruit (drained if using canned)
- OR ½ cup fresh peaches, chopped
- OR ½ cup frozen peaches, chopped
- OR ½ cup canned peaches, light syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Place cereal in small bowl or cereal dish. Crush slightly with spoon. Spread in even layer over bottom.
- Add yogurt. Spread evenly over cereal.
- Rinse fruit or drain if canned. Sprinkle fruit evenly over yogurt.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over fruit. Serve.
½ cup fruit, ¾ cup dairy, 1 oz. protein, 1 oz. grains