Jun 08, 2021
- Congratulations to Alex Anderson who will serve as our new departmental graduate coordinator effective 7/1! Dr. Anderson will also chair the graduate committee and will serve as the faculty advisor for our Graduate Student Organization. Dr. Anderson’s photo was posted on the NUTR Facebook page on 5/26.
May 25, 2021
- Congratulations to Carley Mullins for receiving the Virginia Wilbanks Kilgore Scholarship for Fall 2021.
- Congratulations to the FDN Featured Graduates named by the College of Family and Consumer Sciences. The students' photos were shared on both the FACS and FDN Facebook pages on 5/13:
- Congratulations to PhD graduate Jiyoung "Sammi" Kim and her mentor, Claire de La Serre, who participated in the College's Doctoral Hooding Ceremony earlier this month. Photos were shared on the FDN Facebook page on 5/13.
- Congratulations once again to Julie Dean, graduate of our Double Dawgs program, for being selected to deliver the Student Perspective at this year's virtual FACS Convocation (also see Kudos 4/22). Her speech can be viewed here.
May 11, 2021
- We wish our Foods Lab Coordinator, Rosemarie Rooker, all the best upon her retirement from UGA after 20+ years! A photo of Rosemarie and Tracey Brigman was shared on the FDN Facebook page on 5/7.
- Congratulations to our doctoral students Chisom Okoli, Josephine Shieh, and Julie Jeon who just learned they have been selected to receive the Graduate Student Degree Accelerator Award. This award was created by President Jere Morehead to help graduate students overcome financial challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic to complete their degrees. Photos of Chisom, Jo, and Julie were added to the FDN Facebook page on 5/6.
- Congratulations to the FDN students who have been recommended to receive FACS Scholarships for 2021-2022:
- Elise Bray Richey Endowment: Laney Jones, Ashley-Kaye Fonkeng
- Gladys F. (Nannie) Nesbit/Flatt Education Fund: Sherifa Akinniyi, David Tran
- Glenn and Helen Burton Feeding the Hungry Scholarship: Josephine Shieh, Chisom Okoli
- Gwendolyn Brooks O'Connell Scholarship: Ansley Schwing
- Iris Price Dover Scholarship: Lydia Akins
- Julia Ann Simpson Elliott Scholarship: Kelliann Howell, Abigail Hightower, Davia Allen
- Lenora Anderson Scholarship: Toloupe Akinrolabu
- Marian Wang Nutrition Scholarship Fund: Hsuan-mein Yang
- Marion Louise Price Elkin Scholarship: Ikponmwosa Enabulele
- Melynda Flatt Reid Dietetics Scholarship: Devin Logan, Jesse Perry, Sam Bonnett, Jinaka Coker, Jayla Thurman
- Nancy Virginia Price Turner Scholarship: Brigid Waldron
- Pam McIntyre Thompson, R.D. Scholarship: Julia Lance
- Richard D. Lewis Research Fund: Sara Perrine
- Sharon Boone Hamner Foods and Nutrition Scholarship: Jessica Strosahl
- Thomas F. Comer Scholarship: Lauren Rogers
- FACS Alumni Scholarship: Sherya Pandya
May 04, 2021
- FDN faculty who will be returning for the second year of their term on the Faculty Advisory Committee (2020-2022) include: Chad Paton, Jung Sun Lee, and Ginnefer Cox.
- Congratulations to the newly-elected SDA officers for 2021-2022:
- President: Emmaline Peterson
- Vice President: Emily Crum
- Secretary: Amelia Valdez
- Public Relations Chair: Callie Davis
- Treasurer: Laney Jones
- Community Service Chair: Jamie DiBartolomeo
- Communications Chair: Caroline Camp
- Social Chair: Emily Neuhaus
Apr 22, 2021
- College Awards were highlighted during the UGA Honors Week virtual recognition on 4/21, and included:
- Bill and June Flatt Outstanding Teacher of the Year – Emma Laing
- All other College Awards named spring 2021 will be recognized at the Celebrating Excellence program in October, TBD, and will include:
- Outstanding UG Faculty Advisor – Rob Pazdro
- While FACS will not hold an in-person Convocation, Double Dawg student Julie Dean will be recognized and will contribute to the virtual program as she delivers the "Student Perspective." Please congratulate Julie for being selected for this honor, and watch the FACS commencement virtual program and videos, which will be released in May.
Apr 13, 2021
- Congratulations to Nutritional Sciences student Madelyn Hansen who has been selected as the recipient of the Outstanding Honors Student in Family and Consumer Sciences Award! This award recognizes her outstanding academic record, as well as the dedication, skill, and commitment to excellence she has exemplified throughout her participation in experiential opportunities, student and community organizations, and collaborative learning environments. A photo of Madelyn was added to the FDN Facebook page on 4/12.
Apr 06, 2021
- Congratulations to Jo Shieh who is a recipient of the Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award (OTA) for 2021 sponsored by the Office of the Vice President of Instruction through UGA's Center for Teaching and Learning. This award recognizes teaching assistants who demonstrate superior teaching skills while serving in the classroom or laboratory.
- Congratulations to Caree Cotwright for being elected to the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior Board of Directors as SNEB Director-At-Large. Dr. Cotwright’s photo was added to the FDN Facebook page on 4/1.
- Dr. Cotwright also recently learned that she has been accepted as an Implementation Science Scholar, a mentored training program for investigators interested in applying dissemination and implementation methods and strategies to reduce the burden of chronic disease and address health inequities. As an Implementation Science Scholar, Dr. Cotwright will have a unique opportunity to network and collaborate with established professionals at a large number of aspirational institutions. Congratulations!
Mar 30, 2021
- Congratulations to UGA Extension who has received Full Recognition status from the CDC for the National Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP). This is an effort that Ali Berg leads and 13 FACS Extension Agents are involved in. The program has been delivered to over 100 participants, including a switch to virtual delivery during the pandemic. This recognition status elevates UGA Extension’s reputation in the community, but also opens doors to public and private insurance reimbursement for program delivery with the target audience. Program delivery has been supported as well by the President’s Interdisciplinary Seed Grant and Hannah Wilson’s doctoral dissertation is embedded in the project. Stay tuned for a press release!
- Congratulations to Alex Anderson who was elected to the International Society for Research in Human Milk and Lactation (ISRHML) Executive Committee as a Councillor. Dr. Anderson will be assuming his 3-year term starting 4/1.
- Congratulations to Julie Dean who successfully defended her master's thesis on 3/19. The title of her presentation was, "Factors Contributing to Dietary Acculturation Among International Students." Julie’s photo was added to the FDN Facebook page on 3/29.
- Congratulations to Rebecca Gould who successfully defended her dissertation on 3/24. The title of her presentation was, "Systems Genetics of Glutathione Metabolism and Its Effects on Health." Becca has accepted a Postdoctoral Associate position at Duke University School of Medicine – Division of Medical Genetics. The University of Florida posted an alumni blog about her postdoc opportunity at Duke, which includes more information. Becca’s photo was added to the FDN Facebook page on 3/30.
- Congratulations to dietetics major Shekiah Shannon who was selected by the UGA Career Center as one of the top 75 student employees on campus. Kiah was praised for her leadership skills, design skills, diligence, and dependability in her work with the UGA Dining Nutrition Team. The Career Center will reveal the top three individuals the week of 4/12, so stay tuned!
Mar 16, 2021
- Congratulations to Elizabeth Andress who received the Outstanding Family and Consumer Sciences Professional Award from the GA Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (GAFCS) at their annual meeting on 3/5.
- Congratulations to the Student Dietetic Association for receiving a nomination for the 2021 Student Organization Achievement and Recognition (SOAR) Outstanding Campus Event Award. The group was nominated for their success in planning and hosting the Dietetic Internship Forum/Open House event held virtually on 11/11/20.
- Congratulations to dietetics major Bailey Davis for being selected by the UGA Career Center as one of the top 75 student employees on-campus. Despite this difficult year, Bailey was praised in her award letter for emerging "as a servant leader" in UGA Performance Nutrition. The Career Center will reveal the top three individuals the week of 4/12, so stay tuned!
- The following faculty were recently notified they are the recipients of the College’s faculty and staff awards for 2021. Their formal recognition will occur during the FACS Celebration of Excellence recognition program in October (date/time TBD):
- Bill and June Flatt Outstanding Teacher of the Year – Emma Laing
- Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty Advisor – Rob Pazdro
Mar 10, 2021
- Congratulations to Tracey Brigman who has been selected as a juror for the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences and will review applications for the Jewell Taylor Undergraduate Scholarship.
- Dr. Brigman was also installed on 3/5 at the Georgia Association of Family and Consumer Sciences Annual Conference as the Co-Vice President of Communications for the GAFCS.
- Congratulations to the FDN members who received 2021 awards from the Georgia Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics: Special Recognition Award (Barbara Grossman), Outstanding Dietetics Student (Kinsey Hargis), and Outstanding Dietitian of the Year (Emma Laing). Their photos were shared on the FDN Facebook page on 3/9.
- Congratulations to dietetics major Julia Lance who was accepted into The American Society for Bone and Mineral Research Student Cohort Program. The ASBMR introduced a new program intended to provide training and networking opportunities to undergraduate, graduate, and medical students in the field of bone and mineral sciences. Julia was accepted into the inaugural cohort of trainees. In addition to participating in training/networking opportunities, she receives free membership to the ASBMR. A photo of Julia was shared on the FDN Facebook page on 3/8.
Mar 02, 2021
- Congratulations to MS student Julie Dean for winning 2nd place at the Georgia Nutrition Council Student Research Competition on 2/26. Her photo was shared on the FDN Facebook page.
- Congratulations to dietetics major Rebecca Reese who received a scholarship to attend the 3rd Annual Spring Weight Inclusive Nutrition and Dietetics Symposium on 3/3-6. Becca received the Diversity Dietetics Student/Intern scholarship offered exclusively to BIPOC students and interns in the Diversity Dietetics community.
- Congratulations to Tracey Brigman and PhD student Hannah Wilson who have been elected to the Executive Board of the Georgia Nutrition Council:
- Member-at-Large, Scholarship Chair: Tracey Brigman
- Nominating Committee: Hannah Wilson
Feb 23, 2021
- The Obesity Society celebrated the 6th annual International Day of Women and Girls in Science on 2/11, and Emily Noble was selected along with 8 other women for recognition by TOS for "making outstanding accomplishments to help with the research, prevention, and treatment of obesity." Dr. Noble’s photo was shared on the FDN Facebook page on 2/15. Congratulations!
- Jo Shieh received a teaching assistantship from the Graduate School to teach GRSC 7770 (Foods & Nutrition Teaching Assistant Seminar) as a co-instructor with Barbara Grossman. GRSC 7770 is a 1-3 credit course providing TAs with knowledge of pedagogical approaches, relevant UGA policies, and available support systems. Check out Jo's feature on UGA's Graduate School website! Her photo was also shared on the FDN Facebook page on 2/16.
- Congratulations to Hea Jin Park for being selected to the Editorial Board for Nutrition Research in January 2021.
Feb 11, 2021
- Congratulations to FDN graduate students Mariah McDaniel and Julie Dean who have been named 2021 scholarship winners from the Georgia Nutrition Council. Mariah is receiving the Rita Waters Scholarship and Julie will receive the Holly B. Alley Scholarship at the virtual GNC Annual Conference held from 2/25-26. Photos of Mariah and Julie were shared on the FDN Facebook page on 2/10.
- As part of the most recent UGA Career Outcomes Survey, students identified UGA faculty and staff who have had a significant, positive impact on their career decision-making process. Congratulations to Laurel Sanville and Katherine Ingerson who were each identified by members of the Class of 2020 as "a person who has contributed greatly to their career development and success."
Feb 02, 2021
- As part of the most recent UGA Career Outcomes Survey, students identified UGA faculty and staff who have had a significant, positive impact on their career decision-making process. Congratulations to Alex Anderson, Claire de La Serre, Rob Pazdro, Emma Laing, Ginnefer Cox, Caree Cotright, and Art Grider who were each identified by members of the Class of 2020 as "a person who has contributed greatly to their career development and success."
- Congratulations to Taylor Newman who was recently hired as the Nutrition Program Development Manager for Kroger Health in Cincinnati, Ohio where she will be developing nutrition-related interventions, content, and research initiatives.
- Congratulations to Jiyoung "Sammi" Kim who received a postdoctoral fellow position at Emory University School of Medicine working under Dr. Andrew Neish in the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine.
- Emma Laing was named a Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She was featured in a FACS News article published on 2/1, and this was also shared on the FACS and FDN Facebook pages.
Jan 19, 2021
Congratulations to Hannah Wilson who has accepted a faculty position at Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota. The position is an assistant professor position in their Nutrition, Dietetics, & Exercise Science Department, as well as the coordinator of their MS/DI program.
Dec 15, 2020
- Congratulations to William "Bill" Flatt who will be honored as a 2021 President’s Medal recipient. The President’s Medal recognizes extraordinary contributions by those who have supported outstanding students, championed meaningful academic programs, advanced significant research, or inspired community leaders to enhance the quality of life for Georgians through their support of the University of Georgia. Dr. Flatt will be honored at the President’s Medal award presentation, which will be held virtually on 1/25/21 in conjunction with UGA’s annual Founders Day celebration.
- Congratulations to Jake Conner, double major in dietetics and culinary science and nutrition, who has been selected as Outstanding Senior for Fall 2020. A photo of Jake was shared on the FACS and FDN Facebook pages on 12/11.
Dec 10, 2020
- Congratulations to dietetics major Julia Lance who received a Spring 2021 CURO Research Assistantship. Joseph Kindler is mentoring this project, which will focus on body size and bone density relationships in youth. Julia will present at the (virtual) CURO Symposium in the spring.
Nov 17, 2020
- Congratulations to nutritional sciences major Samantha Drop who has been named the Southeastern Conference Cross Country Women's Scholar-Athlete of the Year! She is the first Bulldog woman to win this honor in cross country. An article featuring Sam was shared on the FDN Facebook page on 11/11.
- Congratulations to Xi Fang who successfully defended her doctoral dissertation via Zoom on 11/12. The title of her presentation was, "Impact of bioactive compounds on neurocognitive development and metabolism." Xi will start her post-doctoral position at Yale University School of Medicine in January. A photo of Xi was shared on the FDN Facebook page on 11/13.
Nov 10, 2020
- Congratulations to Sina Gallo who is currently highlighted on the FACS website as a "featured person." View her faculty spotlight at this link.
Nov 03, 2020
- Taylor Newman presented our FDN Seminar on 10/21 and defended her dissertation via Zoom, titled, "Understanding the produce prescription program in the U.S.: A focus on program models, facilitators and barriers, and participant experiences."
Oct 20, 2020
- Art Grider has been invited to serve as a guest editor for Medical Sciences, "Zinc: Its Molecular and Biochemical Importance, and its Relevance in Medicine." Congratulations!
- Congratulations to the FACS Class of 2020! A video of Dean Fox speaking at the commencement ceremony as well as the FACS graduation program were posted on the FACS Facebook page on 10/16.
Oct 13, 2020
- Congratulations to the many FDN faculty and students who are recognized in the sixth annual Celebrating Excellence Recognition Program presented in a virtual format this year. View the news story here and the program linked here. Below are the awardees from our department.
- Hea Jin Park, Ali Berg, and Lilian Sattler were also honored in a FDN Facebook post on 3/7 (see Kudos 3/10):
- Faculty Mentoring Undergraduate Research Award: Hea Jin Park
- Bill and June Flatt Outstanding Extension and Outreach Faculty Award: Ali Berg
- Early Career Faculty Research Award: Lilian Sattler
- UGA Athletic Association Professorship in Family and Consumer Sciences: Jung Sun Lee
- Flatt Professorship in Foods and Nutrition: Lynn Bailey
- Flatt Professorship with a focus on Childhood Obesity: Jamie Cooper
- Jake Conner and Jacee Baldivid were also honored in a FDN Facebook post on 9/10 (see Kudos 9/15):
- FACS Alumni Association Scholarship: Jake Conner
- FACS Alumni Association – FCCLA: Jacee Baldivid
- Carolyn D. Berdanier Nutrition Science Support: Maggie K. Whitehead
- Burton-Fowler Undergraduate Research Award: Robyn Salzberg
- Evelyn R. Harris Academic Support: Xi Fang, Yuta Ishikawa, Julie Jeon
- Endsley-Peifer Student Research Award: Xi Fang
- Josephine Martin Emerging Leader in Policy Award: Taylor Newman
- Inez Wallace Tumlin Graduate Student Academic Support: Catherine Prater, Liana Guarneiri
- Zena Costa Brown Scholarship: Shreya Pandya
- Glenn and Helen Burton Feeding the Hungry Scholarship: Darci Bell
- Thomas F. Comer Scholarship: Catherine Ruter
- Iris Price Dover Scholarship: Aashka Sheth
- Julia Ann Simpson Elliott Scholarship: Madison Justice
- Fairchild-Holcomb Family FACS Scholarship: Lydia Akin
- Hazel and Gene Franklin Scholarship: Caroline Cerminaro, Liana Guarneiri
- Sharon Boone Hamner Foods and Nutrition Scholarship: Hannah Wilson
- Doe H. Harden Scholarship: Abigail Hightower
- Virginia Wilbanks Kilgore Scholarship: Tehgan Anguilm, Magen Lord, Kassidy Sharpe, Jessica Strosahl, Nick Slagel, Shannon Stowers, Hannah Wilson
- Rosabelle Carr Koelsche Fund: Samantha Hill
- Ruth Rowan Morrison Graduate Fellowship in Nutrition Studies: Yu-Ra Son
- Gwendolyn Brooks O’Connell Scholarship: Allison Rautmann
- Melynda Flatt Reid Dietetics Scholarship: Abigail Bailey, Flannery Daughtry, Bailey Echols, Mallory Johns, Megan Smith
- Elise Bray Richey Scholarship: Rebecca Gould
- Pam McIntyre Thompson, R. D. Scholarship: Whitley Carter, Isabella Morin
- Marian Wang Nutrition Scholarship: Samantha Bonnett, Corrie Fletcher, Devin Logan
- Karin Elizabeth Willis Scholarship: Freida Lim
- Lavender Family Legacy Scholarship: Sarah Perrine
- FACS Fund for Excellence: Darci Bell, Elizabeth (Betsy) Cogan, Xi Fang, Rebecca Gould, Yuta Ishikawa, Julie Jeon, Jiyoung Kim, Elizabeth Klingbeil
- Leila Alberta Ritchie Mize Endowment: Darci Bell, Elizabeth Cogan, Xi Fang, Rebecca Gould, Yuta Ishikawa, Julie Jeon, Jiyoung Kim, Elizabeth Klingbeil, Allie Lindke, Taylor Newman, Liana Guarneiri, Josephine Shieh, Nick Slagel, Yu-Ra Son, Hannah Wilson
Oct 06, 2020
- PhD students Becca Gould and Hannah Wilson have each received the 2020-2021 Irene J. Jones Memorial Scholarship from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation. Photos of Becca and Hannah were shared on the FDN Facebook page on 10/6. Congratulations!
Sep 29, 2020
- We are proud to announce that all six summer Dietetic Internship graduates have recently passed the RD exam! They are: Carolina Cawthon, Ani Powell, Beth Wood, Elizabeth Klingbeil, Hayley Sanders, Olivia Taylor, and Taylor Ragan. For most interns, almost all of their supervised practice was completed virtually this summer, so this pass rate is a notable accomplishment on this difficult exam.
Sep 22, 2020
- Congratulations to the SNAP-Ed Team on receiving the 2020 Program Excellence Through Research Award - First Place from the Georgia Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences; and the First Place Southern Region and National Award from the National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (NEAFCS). The team received their NEAFCS award at the annual conference, which took place in a virtual format 9/14-16. The title of the proposal and award was: "Systematic Evaluation Guides the Development of UGA SNAP-Ed Social Marketing Programs." The SNAP-Ed Team also shared their work during a concurrent session with the same title, with 43 colleagues from across the nation. Congratulations!
Sep 15, 2020
- Congratulations to Exercise and Sport Science Major and Nutrition Science Minor Maggie Whitehead for receiving the Carolyn Berdanier Undergraduate Research Grants Program Award! The title of Maggie's project is, "Effect of a High Fat/High Sugar Western Diet on Brain Glycogen," and her research mentor is Emily Noble.
- Congratulations to Dietetics and Culinary Science and Nutrition double major Jake Conner and Dietetics major Jacee Baldivid! They are two of only three 2020-21 FACS Alumni Scholarship recipients. Read more about them here. This news was also shared on the FDN Facebook page on 9/10.
Sep 08, 2020
- Congratulations to the FDN students who have been named as FACS Ambassadors for the 2020-2021 year: Opeyemi Adelugba, Jake Conner, Bailey Davis, Samantha Hill, Miller Lantis, Freida Lim, and Madison Sutton.
Sep 01, 2020
- Congratulations to Silvia Giraudo who received Second Place for the "Innovation in Programming Award" given by the Georgia Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences. The award was presented to Dr. Giraudo on 8/18.
Aug 25, 2020
- Congratulations to Caroline Henning who was selected as a student trustee for the GDF board! A photo of Caroline attending her first board meeting via Zoom was shared to the FDN Facebook page on 8/25.
Aug 18, 2020
- Congratulations to Lauren Coheley who accepted an Instructional Assistant Professor position at Texas A&M University! Dr. Coheley will be teaching remotely this fall and moving to College Station, TX in the spring.
Aug 11, 2020
- We received the news on 8/7 from the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics that both the graduate-level dietetic internship, led by Barbara Grossman, and the undergraduate dietetics program, led by Emma Laing, have received approval to continue full accreditation through 2028. This news was shared in an FDN Facebook post on 8/7. There will be an official press release prepared by FACS in the coming days.
- The USDA Food and Nutrition Service Division just approved the UGA SNAP-Ed proposal to offer Food eTalk eLearning resources to non-GA SNAP-Ed programs. This is an exciting opportunity that will allow the SNAP-Ed team to share the nation’s first exclusively online, asynchronous programs with SNAP-Ed eligible Americans in social distancing times.
Aug 04, 2020
Jul 14, 2020
- Congratulations to dietetics major Julia Lance who received an Award of Excellence scholarship from the Federal Employee Education & Assistance Fund (FEEA)! Julia was selected from ~2400 applicants for this award, which is funded by FEEA as well as BlueCross BlueShield. Photos of Julia were posted on the FDN Facebook page on 7/14.
- Congratulations to Becca Gould for receiving a 2020 Georgia Dietetic Foundation Scholarship! A photo of Becca was shared on the FDN Facebook page on 7/7.
- Congratulations to Taylor Ragan for successfully defending her master's thesis on 7/8 via Zoom! The title of her presentation was, "TRANSLATION OF A FACE-TO-FACE NUTRITION TRAINING TO AN ONLINE TRAINING FOR EARLY CARE AND EDUCATION PROVIDERS: A COMPARISON OF OUTCOMES." A photo of Taylor was posted on the FDN Facebook page on 7/11.
Jul 07, 2020
- Congratulations to Elizabeth Klingbeil who accepted a nutrition faculty position at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island! Her contract begins August 15th.
- Congratulations to Ariathni Powell, for successfully defending her master's thesis on 6/30 via Zoom. The title of her presentation was, "Hablemos de Comida ¡Por SU Salud!: Formative evaluation of Spanish SNAP-Ed Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Curriculum." A photo of Ani was shared on the FDN Facebook page on 6/30.
Jun 30, 2020
- Congratulations to Olivia Taylor for successfully defending her master's thesis on 6/25 via Zoom. The title of her presentation was, "A survey of Cooperative Extension youth hands-on cooking programs in Georgia and related affecting factors."
- Congratulations to Jo Shieh who has been recommended to receive the Leilia Alberta Ritchie Mize Scholarship by the College of FACS for the 2020 summer session. Jo is one of approximately 50 graduate students in the College selected to receive this one-time scholarship. As a recipient of a College scholarship, Jo will be invited to the Celebrating Excellence Luncheon, which will be held in October, Date TBD. Jo’s photo was also shared on the FDN Facebook page on 6/30.
- Congratulations to Lauren Coheley who recently became a Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (FAND). The FAND designation recognizes Dr. Coheley’s commitment to the field of nutrition and dietetics, and celebrates her professional accomplishments and pursuit of life-long learning.
Jun 23, 2020
- Congratulations to Taylor Newman who was selected for this year's American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences' (AAFCS) Jewell L. Taylor Graduate Fellowship. The AAFCS awards graduate fellowships to individuals who have exhibited the potential to make contributions to the family and consumer sciences profession. The Taylor Fellowship was established through a generous bequest from Jewell L. Taylor, a dedicated family and consumer sciences professional for more than 50 years. A photo of Taylor was shared on the FDN Facebook page on 6/22.
- Congratulations to Lilian Sattler who was elected to 2-year terms on the following AHA Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health Committees: Leadership Committee (Member at Large), Nominations Committee, and Health Nutrition Committee (renewal). Dr. Sattler was also invited to serve as a as reviewer for Circulation (impact factor 23.054) and to review a scientific position statement by the American Heart Association, which is pending publication in the coming year.
Jun 16, 2020
- Congratulations to new FDN faculty member Sina Gallo and her team, who are recipients of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Foundation’s 2020 Anita Owen Award of Recognition for Innovative Nutrition Education for their pediatric weight management program for Latino families entitled, "Vidas Activas y Familias Saludables."