Wang Shin (Ann) Lei
College of Family and Consumer Sciences
|Degree||Field of Study||Institution||Graduation|
|M.S.||Nutrition and Exercise Physiology||Teachers College, Columbia University||2021|
|B.S.||Health Science||University of Miami||2018|
Ann is currently conducting research in the Nutrition and Skeletal Health Laboratory under the direction of Dr. Joseph Kindler. Ann’s research focuses on identifying the role of nutrition and gut-derived incretin hormones on bone metabolism in cystic fibrosis (CF)-related bone disease, and using various bone imaging techniques including dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry and high resolution peripheral quantitative computed tomography to help define the gut-bone axis.
|Award Name||Awarded By||Year Awarded|
|ASBMR Young Investigator Award||American Society for Bone and Mineral Research||2023|
|Virginia Wilbanks Kilgore Scholarship||UGA Department of Nutritional Sciences||2023|
|Statistical Consulting Award||UGA Obesity Initiatve||2023|
|Student Traineeship Award||Cystic Fibrosis Foundation||2022|
|Summer Research Grant for Doctoral Students||UGA Graduate School||2022|
|Virginia Wilbanks Kilgore Scholarship||UGA Department of Nutritional Sciences||2022|
|FACS Fund for Excellence||UGA College of Family and Consumer Sciences||2022|
- The Gut-Bone Axis in Cystic Fibrosis
- Effect of GIP and GLP-1 infusion on bone resorption in adults with glucose intolerant, pancreatic insufficient cystic fibrosis
- Lei WS, Rodrick GB, Belcher SL, Kelly A, Kindler JM. Bone Resorption and Incretin Hormones following Glucose Ingestion in Healthy Emerging Adults. Journal of Clinical & Translational Endocrinology. 2022 Feb 6;31:100314. PMID: 36845829.
- Lei WS, Kilberg MJ, Zemel BS, Rubenstein RC, Harris C, Sheikh S, Kelly A, Kindler JM. Bone metabolism and incretin hormones following glucose ingestion in young adults with pancreatic insufficient cystic fibrosis. Journal of Clinical & Translational Endocrinology. 2022 Sep 3;30:100304. PMID: 36110921.
- Lei WS, Kindler JM. Insulin resistance and skeletal health. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2022 Aug 1;29(4):343-349. PMID: 35749301.