Our Career Consultant can provide you with the tools, skills and insights to help you succeed in your career as early as your first year through graduation and beyond.
Meet Your Consultant
Part-Time Career Consultant, UGA Career Center
Megan joined the Career Center team in January 2016 and shifted to a part-time role in June 2017. She has been providing career services to university students since 2006 and earned her Certified Professional Resume Writer credential in 2015. Her education includes a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Texas Christian University and a Master of Science in Education from the University of Pennsylvania. Currently, Megan serves a variety of student and alumni populations and coordinates several "behind the scenes" Career Center initiatives.
Meet with a Career Consultant
- Individual Appointments: schedule through your Handshake account or by calling or by calling the Career Center front desk at 706-542-3375.
UGA Career Center
The UGA Career Center is a valuable resource available to you throughout your time here as a student, as you prepare for graduation and even as an alum. Additionally, we have a Career Consultant who specializes in FACS majors and related careers.
Career Center Resources
- Handshake: Utilize Handshake to find internship, part-time job, or volunteer opportunities related to your career fields of interest.
- UGA Mentor Program - Networking with your Bulldog family can help you get ahead in life and career, but where do you even start? The UGA Mentor Program narrows down the world of possibilities to meaningful connections. It personalizes the mentoring experience; connecting you with mentors that are just right for your commitment.. There's a better way to network. Visit mentor.uga.edu today and find a mentor who can help you see your future.
- Participate in the Career Center's Intern for a Day program to explore career fields of interest.
- What Can I Do With a Major In...?: Consumer Economics; Consumer Journalism; Culinary Science & Nutrition; Dietetics; FACS Education; Fashion Merchandising; Financial Planning; Furnishings & Interiors; Housing Management & Policy; Human Development & Family Science; Nutritional Sciences
- Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate: The Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate is a series of programs offered by the UGA Career Center to provide students with career development and job search training.
- View the Arch Ready Event Calendar
- Students who complete the program will receive:
- The opportunity to add the certificate to their resume
- Lapel pin to wear for interviewing, career fairs, and graduation
- Formal printed certificate