Program Dates and Application Deadlines
- Dates: August 27* - November 20, 2019
- * August 27 is the last possible day to depart US for Italy (August 28 - arrival date).
- EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 30, 2018
- STANDARD APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2019
- Basic estimated program cost: $9,515* (including the $500 program deposit)
- * Approximate 2019 Cost. The final program fee is subject to change depending on student enrollment.
- Students who are not residents of Georgia or do not attend a University System of Georgia University or College pay an additional $250.00
- Tuition is not included in the program fee. Students generally take 12-15 hours. The cost of the program includes:
- Program Deposit (due after acceptance to program) - applied towards total program cost
- International Health Insurance (UGA requirement)
- Charter bus transportation on all planned field trips and from beginning cities to Cortona, and from Cortona to program ending city
- Shared hotel accommodations when traveling and dorm in Cortona
- Breakfast and dinner while traveling with the program group (Breakfast only while in Venice)
- Dinner 4 days a week while in Cortona
- Breakfast 7 days a week while in Cortona
- Program t-shirt!
Tentative Places to Visit
- The John D. Kehoe building is the permanent residential facility of the UGA Cortona - Italy Studies Abroad Program
- Recently renovated with modern conveniences
- The Kehoe building has multiple-bed dormitory rooms and shared bathrooms.
- A large courtyard provides students an opportunity to gather outdoors to study, draw or tend to personal chores such as laundry.
- Downstairs is a large kitchen.
- There are several common rooms available for studying or reading.
- Linens are provided and are changed by the staff.
- All breakfasts are provided on site in Cortona
- Lunches in Cortona and on field trips will be on your own.
- Dinners are shared as a group 3 nights a week at Tonino’s Ristorante
- The 4th dinner is at a restaurant of the student’s choice in Cortona. Vouchers will be provided
- While traveling:
- Breakfasts and dinners while in Naples and Rome will be provided
- Breakfasts and some dinners while in Florence
- Only breakfast in Venice
UGA Foundation Incentive Scholarship for Study Abroad
- non-transient, degree-seeking major at the University of Georgia
- 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Enrolled for at least 10 credit hours during the semester of application
- Scholarship Deadline for Early Program Admission: November 30, 2018
- Standard Admission Deadline: March 1, 2019
FACS Study Abroad Scholarships
- Deadline is March 1, 2019
For more scholarships, visit the Office of International Education (OIE) website
Classes Offered (all 3 credits)
- TXMI 4900 Italian Fashion
- TXMI 3010 Fashion: Why is it Meaningful?
- General Electives:
- Art History: ARHI 3020 — Renaissance Art; ARHI 2300 — Art History I: Cave Painting to Michelangelo
- Program Electives:
- Ceramics: ARST 2500 — Introduction to Ceramics; ARST 3500 – Intermediate Ceramics
- Drawing: ARST 2010/3010 — Drawing and Visuality/Advanced Drawing
- Jewelry and Metalwork: ARST 2600 — Jewelry and Metals: Design and Construction; ARST 3610 — Intermediate Jewelry
- Photography: ARST 2210 — Introduction to Photography and Image Culture
We will work with you to make sure that you complete 12 credits which apply to your program of study.