Foster Care Couples
Providing foster care is a rewarding experience, but it can also be frustrating. Many foster caregivers experience a multitude of stressors. We know these challenges can take a toll on your relationship. Our program gives you time to focus on each other and strengthen your skills to elevate your relationship.
During Foster Care Month, we want to say THANK YOU to all the amazing foster caregivers across Georgia who open their homes and hearts to children in foster care and their families! Our ELEVATE workshops offer foster caregiver couples an opportunity to support each other so they can continue to support Georgia’s children.
There is really nothing out there for us that focuses on US as foster parents. This is a desperately needed resource!
Choose a Format That Works for You
- In-person workshops available in select counties across Georgia
- Or, participate from the comfort of your own home with our virtual workshops.
- Both options include 12 hours of guided activities, lively discussions, and lots of time to connect with each other.
- Both partners must participate
- Our passionate trained facilitators can't wait to meet you!
What Couples Receive
- Eight, 90-minute sessions of fun, for free!
- Learn the seven core skills and qualities for relationship success.
- Opportunity to connect with and learn from other couples.
- Your relationship is elevated to the next level!
It “Pays” to Elevate your Relationship
- The more classes you both attend, the more you receive.
- Up to $160 e-gift card per couple for completing all 8 sessions.
- Up to $95 in e-gift cards for each partner who participates in the research.
Want Economic Stability?
Economic instability is a source of stress for many couples.
Partners who have finished Elevate will have an opportunity to participate in our other free program, Discovering Money Solutions. DMS teaches skills to build and manage financial resources effectively. This helps families progress toward lasting economic stability. Financial security can reduce couple conflict in the home. Ask us for more information during the DMS registration process.
What do participants think?
Hear from other foster caregivers about the impact of Elevate on their couple relationships:
How can I sign up?
- First, click “Apply Here!” and fill out some basic information like your name and what class format you are interested in.
- After you submit your interest form, look for an email from us with a link to a 6-minute orientation video. Watch it to learn more about what to expect during your ELEVATE journey!
- Next, one of our friendly staff members will give you a call to learn more about you and your partner. This will probably be a few days after you submit your application, so no need to worry.
- Once you select the workshop that works with your schedules, we will send you and your partner a link to a registration form. The information you share on this form will help our team better understand how we can best support your relationship.
- Lastly, we will give you one more phone call to finish your registration and confirm your spot in the workshop.