||Field of Study
||Materials Science & Engineering
||Clemson University, USA
||IIT Delhi, India
||MLV Textile Institute, University of Rajasthan, India
Suraj Sharma is an Associate Professor in the Department of Textiles, Merchandising, and Interiors within the College of Family and Consumer Sciences. Sharma’s background includes materials science and engineering, specifically polymeric materials. His primary research focuses on the development of bioplastics/biocomposites from biopolymers, nanocellulose, biosynthesis of polyesters using microalgae and smart textiles.
- Jones, A. and Sharma, S. (2016) Thermoplastic Blends from Albumin and Zein: Plastic Formation and Mechanical Properties Including Modeling. Journal of Polymers and the Environment.
- Banerjee, A., Singh, M., Das, K., and Sharma, S. (2015). Study of Biodegradable Polyesters from Algal Sources for Use in Future Textile Fiber Applications. AATCC Journal of Research. (Accepted).
- Wang, K., Mandal, A., Ayton, E., Hunt,R., Zeller, A., and Sharma, S. (2015). “Modification of protein rich algal-biomass to form bio-plastics and odor removal.” Dhillon, G. S. (ed.) Waste-derived proteins: Transformation from environmental burden into value-added products. Elsevier publishers. (Accepted).
- Jones, A., Mandael, A., and Sharma, S. (2015). Protein based bioplastics and their antibacterial potential. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 132(18), 41931.
- Ayton, E., Zeller, M.A., Hunt, R., Jones, A., and Sharma, S. (2014). Biodegradable polymeric materials from algae. Chu, C. (ed.) Biodegradable polymers.Volume 2: New Biomaterial Advancement and Challenges.
- Cao, J. and Sharma, S. (2013). Near-Infrared Spectroscopy for anti-counterfeiting innovative fibers. ISRN Textiles.
- Jones, A., Zeller, M.A., and Sharma, S. (2013). Thermal, mechanical, and moisture absorption properties of egg white protein bioplastics with natural rubber and glycerol. Progress in Biomaterials.
- Sharma, S., and Luzinov, I. (2013). Whey based binary bioplastics. Journal of Food Engineering, 119(3), 404-410.
- Zeller, M. A., Hunt, R.W., Jones, A., and Sharma, S. (2013). Bioplastics and their thermoplastic blends from Spirulina and Chlorella microalgae. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 130(5), 3263-3275.
- Zeller, M.A., Hunt, R.W., and Sharma, S. (2013). Sustainable bioderived polymeric materials and thermoplastic blends made from floating aquatic macrophytes such as “Duckweed”. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 127(1), 375-386.
- Kim J.R. and Sharma, S. (2012). The development and comparison of bio-thermoset plastics from epoxidized plant oils. Industrial Crops and Products, 36(1), 485-499.
- Sharma, S., Hodges, J.N., Fehime, V., and Luzinov, I. (2012). Biodegradable polymer materials from proteins produced by animal co-products industry: Bloodmeal. Hinestoza, J. and Netravali, N. (eds.) Cellulose Based Composites: New Green Nanomaterials. Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co.
- Sharma, S. and Luzinov, I. (2012). Water aided fabrication of whey and albumin plastics. Journal of Polymers and the Environment, 20(3), 681-689.
- Cao, J. and Sharma, S. (2011). In vitro study: Synthetic prosthetic meshes for inguinal hernia repair. AATCC Review Journal, 11(6), 52-59.
- Kim, J.R. and Sharma, S. (2011). Acaricidal activities of clove bud oil and red thyme oil using microencapsulation against house dust mites. Journal of Microencapsulation, 29(1), 82-91.
- Sharma, S., and Luzinov, I. (2011). Ultrasonic curing of one-part epoxy system. Journal of Composite Materials, 45(21), 2217-2224.
- Sharma, S., Hodges, J.N., and Luzinov, I. (2008). Biodegradable plastics from animal protein co-products: Feathermeal. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 110(1), 459-467.
Suraj Sharma's Group of Materials Research