Visit the Tell The Valued Story website.
01. People have the right to tell their own story.
02. People have the right to have true stories told.
03. People have the right to artfully and skillfully told stories that affirm their value.
04. People have the right to withhold participation in another's story about them.
05. Professionals must be especially vigilant because they always have their own versions to "sell".
06. We must all distrust bad or destructive stories.
07. People have the right to communicate their story in various ways (augmented, behaviorally, with assistance, through an advocate, in writing, by sign language and in innumerable other forms)
- Blatt's storytelling truths