The mission of FACS Student Ambassadors is to represent our fellow students, facilitate relationships, and impact Athens and the UGA community through intentional service.
These students represent the College of Family and Consumer Sciences at a variety of events such as career days, recruiting activities, alumni functions, special visitation days, high school student activities, seminars and receptions. At all times, the student representatives act as true ambassadors of the College via their language, appearance and activities.
Student Ambassadors Attend
- The College of Family and Consumer Sciences leadership retreat held on a weekend during the fall semester
- Celebrating Excellence Awards Luncheon in October
- FACS Week events in October
- Monthly meetings throughout the year
- Assist with high school tour groups
- Meet with prospective students and their families
How Are Student Ambassadors Chosen?
Each year, outstanding undergraduates are chosen to be the primary student communicators for the College of Family and Consumer Sciences and to develop their leadership abilities for future professional roles. Ambassadors are selected based on their academic records, interpersonal skills, leadership experience and dependability.
Who is Eligible?
- Full-time undergraduate students
- 2.75 minimum grade point average
- Enrolled in the College at least one semester
- At least two semesters (fall and spring) remaining before graduation
- A commitment to positively promoting the College
What Do I need to Apply?
- A completed application & headshot/photograph
- Two letters of recommendation
How Can I Learn More?
For questions about the FACS Student Ambassador Program please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application is currently closed.
2021-2022 FACS Student Ambassadors
|Davia Allen||Nutritional Sciences|
|Courtney Berman||Human Development and Family Science|
|Amy Chang||Human Development and Family Science|
|Makina Cook||Fashion Merchandising|
|Dammian Gonzalez||Housing Management & Policy|
|Kristen Hankins||Family and Consumer Sciences Education|
|Jessica Hill||Human Development and Family Science|
|Lindsey Holland||Human Development and Family Science|
|Laney Jones||Intended - Dietetics|
|Miller Lantis||Nutritional Sciences|
|Sabrina Lotti||Consumer Economics & Fashion Merchandising|
|Abigail Parkes||Social Entrepreneurship for Consumer Well-Being|
|Lauren Rogers||Nutritional Sciences|
|Sara Ros||Fashion Merchandising|
|Kaitlyn Rutledge||Fashion Merchandising|
|Olivia Sawyer||Intended - Social Entrepreneurship for Consumer Well-Being|
|Hannah Stanton||Human Development and Family Science|
|Esther Suen||Nutritional Sciences|
|Taylor Talley||Human Development and Family Science|
|Kassie Todd||Fashion Merchandising|
|Sydney Veilleux||Financial Planning|
I love being a FACS Ambassador
I love being a FACS Ambassador because it gives me an opportunity to represent HDFS students and interact with FACS Alumni. I also have the chance to learn about all of the unique opportunities, programs, and majors that our college offers!