The College of Family and Consumer Sciences has been catching attention with impressive rankings that put our college among the nation’s elite. Here are just a few of the reasons why we’re proud.
- We are the seventh largest college at the University of Georgia.
- We have 99 professors and lecturers.
- There have been 14 endowed professorships in the college bestowed on exceptional faculty in the college.
- Investopedia ranks our program as one of the best in the nation for Financial Planning.
- The Institute on Human Development and Disability's Disability Studies Certificate Program was ranked #17 of the Top 20 Best Deals for Disability Studies by Great College Deals in 2016.
- We offer 36 Double Dawgs dual degree programs in a variety of disciplines.
Scholarships and Awards
- 43 scholarships were given to 146 recipients.
- $205,924 awarded in academic and travel scholarships.
- 154 Senior Signature donors, raising $4,629
- 1,992 undergraduate and graduate enrollment
- 29 students graduated as Summa Cum Laude (overall GPA 3.9 or higher).
- 2 students were First Honor Graduates (overall GPA 4.0).
- Our freshmen are in the Top 10% of their high school class.
- Study away programs on four continents (Africa, Asia, Europe, South America)
- We are one of the most wired and best technology supported colleges at UGA:
- 18 audio-visual classrooms
- 5 computer labs
- 2 adaptable learning classrooms
- 2 Lectra-equipped design studios and analytics classrooms
- 2 CAD labs
- WEPA printing services
- One Button Studio
- 90 students (64%) have paid Graduate Assistantships.
- More than 30 FACS graduate students were awarded travel stipends for professional conferences this year.
- 67% of our graduates participated in faculty-mentored research
- Our research positively impacts human health and well-being throughout all stages of the lifecycle.
- Department of Textiles, Merchandising and Interiors is a partner in the national public-private consortium known as Advanced Functional Fabrics of America (AFFOA).
- The Georgia Initiative for Community Housing (GICH) offers communities assistance in addressing their housing and neighborhood revitalization needs.
- Health Education through Extension Leadership (HEEL) delivers programs through the 159 county offices and reaches nearly 160,000 adults and youth across Georgia.
- The ASPIRE Clinic offers services to the public that include individual, couple, and family therapy; financial counseling and education; home environment and design; nutrition counseling and education; and legal problem solving.
- Testing of textiles and physical properties help manufacturers maximize performance, whether it be medical bandages, furniture, or carpets.
- Proof-of-concept partnering of FACS research with startup companies brings new bio-based products to the market.
- Destination Dawgs provides youth with intellectual disabilities with an opportunity to prepare for a career and independent living by attending UGA courses
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) assisted over 1,300 households with their tax returns, saving approximately $300,000 in tax preparation fees
- During 2018, 387 tax returns were completed through Virtual VITA, assisting taxpayers in claiming $450,901 in tax refunds
- 6 FACS alumni were named Bulldog 100 in 2018.
- 1 FACS alumnus was named to the 2018 class of 40 under 40