Develop your personal, career, and leadership skills during the spring semester in the Legislative Aide Leadership Fellows Program.
- Develop significant leadership skills within a unique, consequential environment
- $4,000 in financial support
- Understand how legislation and policy apply to your future career
- Mentorship from a former Legislative Aide
- Stand out in your resume and interviews with a unique, powerful fellowship experience
- Create valuable connections with influential leaders and lawmakers
- Help plan a statewide event at the capitol
- Showcase your learning at a college-wide symposium and on social media
- End your semester early
- Consumer Economics
- Culinary Science and Nutrition
- FACS Education
- Fashion Merchandising
- Financial Planning
- Furnishings and Interiors
- Human Development and Family Science
- Housing Management and Policy
- Nutritional Sciences
- Social Entrepreneurship
Graduate students should email Dr. Cara Simmons, program director, to discuss the benefits at email@example.com.
Review local legislator bios here.
Wednesday, October 6th 6:00 – 6:30 PM
Tuesday, October 12th 6:00 – 6:30 PM
Thursday, October 21st 6:00 – 6:30 PM
Thursday, October 28th 6:00 – 6:30 PM
We are currently accepting applications for several cycles. This is open to undergraduate and graduate FACS students. Conact your academic advisor or faculty chair to help you plan for this unique fellowship opportunity. We are first and second year undergraduate student friendly if you're interested in applying.
Spring 2022 applicants: 11:59pm, October 31, 2021
Spring 2023 applicants: 4:00pm, April 1, 2022
Spring 2024 applicants: 4:00pm, March 31, 2023
This unparalleled opportunity has allowed me to experience the legislative process firsthand
To say that I am extremely grateful to be a Senate Aide at the Georgia State Capitol would be an understatement. This unparalleled opportunity has allowed me to experience the legislative process firsthand and witness lawmaking in action.
I encourage all students to apply to the FACS Legislative Aide Program; it was indeed life-changing.
The most rewarding aspect of the program was the true application of previous coursework related to real-life situations. I encourage all students to apply to the FACS Legislative Aide Program; it was indeed life-changing.
The new knowledge obtained, friendships made, and transferable job experience is something I’ll forever be grateful for!
Throughout my college career, there has been no better experience than being a Senate Aide at the State Capitol. The new knowledge obtained, friendships made, and transferable job experience is something I’ll forever be grateful for!
Representing FACS in our State's legislative proccess was one of the most enriching, life-altering experiences I've ever had.
Each day I was able to work alongside intelligent people, gain new career experience, and make lifelong friends and connections. I have to thank this college for bringing me this wonderful opportunity.