We provide leading-edge teaching, research and outreach that improve the economic and financial well-being for families and individuals, increase the quality of life in families, individuals and communities, and prepare future leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Housing Management & Policy
- Residential Property Management
- Social Entrepreneurship for Consumer Well-being
- Consumer Economics
- Financial Planning
- Applied Consumer Analytics
Check out our video overview to find the major that's perfect for you.
Why choose FHCE?
Our graduates are entrepreneurs, financial planners, consumer journalists, community developers, and property managers. Our students learn application-based skills to work with people in the real world.
Our students select from a variety of service-learning courses and learn hands-on through internships and study away. Students have opportunities to engage with professionals in financial planning, residential property management, and other entrepreneurial endeavors.
Our research has an impact on the financial and consumer well-being of individuals and households. Interdisciplinary research opportunities address financial, housing, and consumer questions that positively affect family economics.
Our faculty develop and implement programming that makes a real difference in the lives of individuals, families, and communities. We educate consumers to become healthier, more productive, financially independent, and environmentally responsible.
- Generation X better prepared for retirement than experts thought one week ago
- Worthy offers tips on how to lower car insurance costs about 3 months ago
- Design Sprint challenges students to use creative thinking to solve problems 3 months ago
- Assistant professor approaches life, work with open-mindedness 3 months ago
- Some types of stress could be good for brain functioning 4 months ago