Ranked among the best in the country, the UGA Financial Planning undergraduate program provides you with knowledge, skills, and technical expertise to enter the marketplace as a financial planner or financial counselor.
Why Financial Planning at UGA?
- Registered with the CFP® Board, the Association of Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE), and the International Foundation for Retirement Education (InFRE)
- Meets the education requirement to sit for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) Certification Exam, the Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC®) exam, and the Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC®) exams
- Opportunity to simultaneously pursue a master’s degree utilizing the Double Dawgs program
- Experiential learning opportunities with the ASPIRE Clinic and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Variety of career options offering competitive salaries with a high demand for graduates
- Highly-regarded faculty
- Top-ranked financial planning program by Investopedia
See the program of study below for a bachelor's degree in financial planning from UGA. For further questions, please contact Christie Sanders at 706-542-4847 or email@example.com.
Certifications & Opportunities
UGA’s Financial Planning Program is registered with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., the Association of Financial Counseling and Planning Education, and the International Foundation for Retirement Education (InFRE). Graduates are eligible to sit for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC®), and the Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC®) examinations upon completion of the program.
Time to Completion
Many of our students complete their undergraduate degree in four years.
We also offer the Double Dawgs option for undergraduates who are looking to work toward their master's degree ahead of schedule.
Meet at Student: Josh
I chose financial planning because it merges my enthusiasm for helping individuals lead meaningful lives with my passion for financial knowledge. Being able to make a lasting and continuous impact on families’ financial lives excites me, and I believe a lot of people can benefit from the work of a financial planner.