Ranked among the best in the country, the UGA Financial Planning undergraduate program provides you with knowledge, skills, and technical expertise to enter the marketplace as a financial planner or financial counselor.
Why Financial Planning at UGA?
- Top-ranked financial planning program by Investopedia
- Highly-regarded faculty
- Opportunity to simultaneously pursue a master’s degree utilizing the Double Dawgs program
- Registered with the CFP® Board and the Association of Financial Counseling and Planning Eduation (AFCPE)
- Meets the education requirement to sit for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) Certification Exam and/or the Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC®) exam
- Variety of career options offering competitive salaries with a high demand for graduates
- Experiential learning opportunities with the ASPIRE Clinic & Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Time to Completion
Many of our students complete their undergraduate degree in four years.
We also offer the Double Dawgs option for undergraduates who are looking to work toward their master's degree ahead of schedule.
Certifications & Opportunities
UGA’s Financial Planning Program is registered with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., and the Association of Financial Counseling and Planning Education. Graduates are eligible to sit for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC®) examinations upon completion of the program.
One of the fastest growing career tracks, financial planners find employment in companies such as investment firms, banks, insurance companies, brokerage firms, and benefits and pension departments of corporation. Others are more entrepreneurial, choosing to establish their own practice.
The button below will give you all of the required courses needed in order to graduate with a bachelor's degree in financial planning from UGA. For further questions, please contact Christie Sanders at 706-542-4847 or email@example.com.