The UGA Financial Planning major is one of the top Financial Planning programs in the country and has been going strong for over a decade. As a part of our desire to give back to the program that helped each of us get where we are, we launched the 1% Giving Club in 2016. This program allows you to designate 1% of your income to the Financial Planning Fund to help further student initiatives and support the program as an alumni and friend. This fund gives our students unique opportunities to soar, made possible through your giving.
How can I help?
We hope you’ll join us in the 1% Giving Club. As a 1% donor, we ask you to designate 1% of your income to the Financial Planning Fund at UGA. If your 1% meets the President’s ($1,500) and Dean's ($2,500) circle levels, then you will also be recognized in those giving societies as well. (See Those Who Give for more details). We encourage you to see if your company matches your donations, but please keep in mind that only individuals are members of the 1% Giving Club. For corporate donations, please see our Corporate Partnership Program.
What does your 1% support?
- Student participation in national financial planning competitions
- Student attendance at professional conferences
- Experiential learning opportunities
- Professional development opportunities for students
- Facilitating the hiring of new faculty, adjunct faculty, specialized guest lectures
- Receive invitations to annual 1% Giving Club gatherings
- Be recognized at our annual celebration and other Financial Planning or 1% Giving Club communications
- Be eligible to serve on the UGA Financial Planning Alumni Advisory Board