Our students work in communities across Georgia and beyond, doing parent education, planning programs for youth, working in hospitals with medically fragile children, and helping families make choices that improve their lives.
You will study individuals, families and communities. You will apply your knowledge during an Applied Internship and/or a Research Internship.You'll also learn more about the community through Service Learning.
You’ll be a key contributor in research that is applied to helping families. Our graduates are employed in universities, hospitals, government agencies, research institutes, and in mental health settings.
Our research projects are focused across the lifespan, multiple dimensions of family systems, including relationships and diversity, as well as multiple approaches to prevention and intervention.
Our translational research brings the best practices of research into communities and families. Our engagement in communities through service learning and internships helps you understand human development in context.
- Healthy Indoor Environments Newsletter, March 2021 about 2 months ago
- Futris conferred Fellow status by National Council on Family Relations 3 months ago
- Understanding the human ties that bind us about 4 months ago
- Tips to improve your financial habits in the new year about 4 months ago
- Healthy Indoor Environments Newsletter, December 2020 5 months ago