Preference for admission includes:
- Degree in nutritional sciences/dietetics, food science, biology, zoology, biochemistry, chemistry, nursing, public health, or other closely related health science
- The following undergraduate courses with grades of "B" or better on your transcript: 2 semesters of inorganic (general) chemistry, 1 semester of organic chemistry, 1 semester of biochemistry, and 1 semester of physiology
- Minimum 150 verbal GRE, 150 quantitative GRE, 3.5 analytical GRE
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Work or volunteer experience in at least one of the following: laboratory research, clinical research, food industry, nutrition education, health promotion, or other areas related to health, nutrition or food science
You can complete the UGA Graduate School application online. Once the department has received your completed application, the graduate committee will perform an initial screening. If the application passes the initial screening, it will be circulated to faculty to determine if a faculty member agrees to serve as your major professor. At least one faculty member must agree to serve as the major professor before the applicant is accepted for admission by the department.
For International students, a TOEFL iBT score of 90 with a minimum score of 20 in each of the four exam sub-sections or IELTS score of overall band-width of 6.5, with no single band (score) below 6.0 is required for admission. Please refer to the UGA Graduate School website for additional International Application Information.
If you do not meet our admission criteria, then consider applying to our undergraduate program or enroll as a post-Baccalaureate student
(contact: Dr. Rob Pazdro, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.admissions.uga.edu/).