If you are applying to or currently enrolled in a Master's degree program at UGA, do not submit a graduate school application when applying to SNDCP. Contact the department at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
You will submit two application packages; one to the UGA Graduate School and one to the Department of Nutritional Sciences.
- Graduate School Application- Select non-degree for program information; select Foods & Nutrition Non-degree as the major. Non-degree seeking applicants are not required to submit test scores or letters of recommendation unless requested by the SNDCP director.
- Complete and submit the School Nutrition Director Certification Program Departmental Application online.
- Official transcripts- Send one official copy of transcripts (sealed in envelope or delivered electronically) from the institution that awarded your highest degree as well as official transcripts from any other institutions attended showing coursework relevant to the SNDCP. Send electronic transcripts to email@example.com or mail transcripts to: Department of Nutritional Sciences 280 Dawson Hall, The University of Georgia, Athens Ga. 30602 Attn: SNDCP. The department will forward transcripts to the Graduate School.
- GACE Program Admission Assessment results or exemption materials must be on file with the GaPSC (see admission requirements above).
- If you are a registered dietitian, send a copy of your RD or RDN (CDR) card electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of Admittance
- The Graduate School will email you to confirm your admission to UGA
- The Department of Foods and Nutrition will send you an SNDCP program of study
- Expect to be admitted about 4 weeks after ALL required materials are received
- Once admitted, we can provide an employer letter. Request the letter by emailing email@example.com
Program Start Date
Your start date is on your UGA Graduate School acceptance letter. If you do not take a class during the semester of your start date, you must ask The Graduate School to change your start date prior to the start of that term. Once the term has started and you have not enrolled in a class, your application expires. You will have to reapply, pay the application fee, and resubmit all application materials.
Active Enrollment Status
To maintain active enrollment status, you must enroll once every three semesters. Once you have been non-enrolled for 3 consecutive terms, your active student status expires, and you will not be allowed to register. You will have to reapply, pay the application fee, and resubmit all application materials.