FACS Connection - August 28, 2020
A weekly digest of news, events, and opportunities for all undergraduate FACS students.
Friday, August 28, 2020
- Dawg Check
- Learning by Leading Information Session
- Fontaine Peer Mentoring Program
- Scholarship Opportunity - Office of Experiential Learning
- FACS Pick of the Week
- UGA Cortona Study Abroad
1. Dawg Check
The University of Georgia is committed to a safe environment for its faculty, students, and staff. As a part of our commitment, we ask that you use DawgCheck to:
- Check your current health condition and report exposure daily using this link!
- Should you test positively for Covid19, you are required to report this positive test here.
- You will receive these prompts via email. You may enroll in text/SMS messages for these alerts by registering here.
- If you have questions or require more information, please visit dawgcheck.uga.edu.
2. Learning by Leading Information Session
3. Fontaine Peer Mentoring Program
The Fontaine Peer Mentor Program matches a small group of first-year students with a trained peer mentor for the full academic year. Through their peer mentors, mentees can expect to demystify the ins and outs of campus, build community, and learn and apply tools for well-being like cultivating healthy relationships, effectively setting goals, and growing self-compassion. Applications are open until Friday, September 5th, at 11:59 p.m. Students can submit their application online anytime. Questions? Contact Molly Dunn.
4. Scholarship Opportunity - Office of Experiential Learning
The Office of University Experiential Learning is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for our Fall EL Scholarships! The deadline is October 19, 2020 and will include activities taking place in Spring, Maymester, and Summer 2021. Awards are in amounts up to $2500 and may be used for any activity approved for Experiential Learning at UGA. Students can access the application on the website.
- Open to undergraduates who have completed at least one semester of UGA coursework
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be pursuing an activity approved for Experiential Learning at UGA
Society of Entrepreneurs | Information Session
Location: Online (Link here)
Thursday, September 3, 2020
The University of Georgia's oldest study abroad program has been operating in the medieval Tuscan hill town of Cortona, Italy for more than 50 years. UGA Cortona offers an extensive list of studio art and art history courses, as well as classes in Italian, English, Women's Studies, Science, Business, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design, and Agriculture. Earn UGA credit while living in Tuscany and traveling with the program to Italian cities such as Rome, Florence, Venice, Siena, Naples, Orvieto, Assisi, and many more!
Please see the UGA Cortona website for full program details and for scholarship information.
New to FACS? View FACS Connection Archives here!
Items for FACS Connection should be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. Instructions on formatting a FACS Connection entry can be found here.
Dietetics students achieve perfect match rate for internships