FACS Connection - March 6, 2020
A weekly digest of news, events, and opportunities for all undergraduate FACS students.
Friday, March 6, 2020
- 2020 Dawson Hall Pageant – Save the Date!
- Become Mx. Dawson Hall!
- Mentor Skills Webinar Series
- Thomas Lay After School Program - Info Session
- Bulldog Basics – Donate Today!
- FACS Pick of the Week
- Student Success and Advising Center Internship – Apply Now!
- 2020-2021 Career Development Internship Opportunity
1. 2020 Dawson Hall Pageant – Save the Date!
3. Mentor Skills Webinar Series
The Mentor Skills Webinar Series is a way to virtually invite alumni mentors “back into the classroom.” The Mentor Lab wanted to give back to our alumni for investing in the next generation of Bulldogs through the UGA Mentor Program. In turn, student mentees will benefit from the alumni mentors being educated on various mentoring skills by UGA faculty and staff. Moreover, the alumni will become more effective leaders and mentors in their respective organizations. View the graphic for the upcoming webinar series!
4. Thomas Lay After School Program – Info Session
The Thomas Lay After School Program, which is sponsored by the UGA Honors Program is holding an information session soon and would like to spread the word to potential new volunteers! Attend the info session March 17th at 7:00 p.m. in the Journalism building, room 514.
5. Bulldog Basics – Donate Today!
Bulldog Basics is a student-led initiative supported by FACS. A variety of personal hygiene items are available for students to access as needed. Bulldog Basics is funded by a UGA Sustainability Grant awarded fall 2016 and by a UGA Parents and Families Leadership Council Grant, awarded in spring 2017. Item donations are accepted in the Student Success and Advising Center (112 Dawson Hall). Hours for each Bulldog Basics site can be found here.
- Dawson Hall - 1st Floor Unisex Bathroom
- Tate Student Center - Center for Leadership and Service Unisex Bathroom
- Milledge Hall - Unisex Bathroom
- ASPIRE Clinic - Hallway to Graduate Offices
FACS Spring Convocation – Register Now!
Visit the following link to register: www.fcs.uga.edu/ssac/graduation. Registration closes April 4th, at 4:00 p.m.
7. Student Success and Advising Center Internship – Apply Now!
If you're looking to gain experience in the areas of Business, Higher Education, Student Affairs, Recruitment, and Project Management, this internship is for you! It is also eligible as an Experiential Learning Opportunity! Applications are open for Summer and Fall 2020 as well as Spring 2021! The deadline to apply for Summer and Fall 2020 is March 27th at 5:00 p.m.! Click here to apply.
8. 2020-2021 Career Development Internship Opportunity
The UGA Career Center is looking for students who are interested in working alongside career consultants and other career center staff yearlong within areas such as event planning, resource creation, and assessment – among other things. If you are a standout student, looking for yearlong employment, and/or office intern, please apply for this opportunity! Scan the QR code for the link!
We Are FACS campaign showcases college’s diverse career paths
Early exposure to research fueled Akinniyi’s passion for discovery