FACS Connection News Digest - August 20, 2021
The latest news, events, and opportunities for FACS students.
Friday, August 20, 2021
- Welcome Back from the SSAC
- Drop/Add Information
- Vax Up! Win Bucks!
- FACS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- FACS Pick of the Week
- New Undergraduate Research Opportunity
Student Success and Advising Center – Fall 2021 Information
- Our Center hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- To prioritize the health and safety of students, staff, faculty, and guests the SSAC will close at 4:30 p.m. in order to clean each afternoon.
- Do you have a question for SSAC staff? Connect with us through our Live Chat option.
- FACS Student Organizations are busy planning activities for the upcoming semester. Check out the FACS calendar for upcoming events.
Virtual Drop/add assistance is currently being offered. You can find information for FACS academic advisors and the Student Success and Advising Center here. Be sure to check your UGA email regularly for important messages from your academic advisor and announcements from UGA.
Drop/Add ends at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, August 24th.
The University Heath Center will offer a free vaccine clinic at the Tate Student Center (Room 137) August 23rd-26th, August 30th-31st, and September 2nd from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Any UGA students, faculty, and staff that get vaccinated will receive a free t-shirt and a $20 gift card!
Last year, FACS established a DEI committee to strengthen our community. Over the next year, FACS will develop a diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic plan. Students are a vital part of our community and we’re looking for 1-2 more students to join us. The information below outlines the committee’s work. Committee member responsibilities include:
- 1 academic year commitment
- Participate in brainstorming and pre-planning sessions
- Attend large committee meetings every 4-6 weeks or as needed
- Work in subcommittees that align with UGA priorities and goals. Most work and meetings will occur in subcommittees in between large committee meetings.
If you have any questions, contact the Committee Chair, Dr. Cara Simmons, at email@example.com by August 27th.
International Coffee Hour is the longest-standing program within the Department of International Student Life and is an opportunity for people to come together, to share coffee and good food, and to connect with student organizations and campus partners.
International Coffee Hour will take place in the Memorial Hall Ballroom each Friday of the semester from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
We hope you will join us! Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting fall 2021, FACS undergraduate students and their FACS faculty mentor are eligible to apply for the FACS Fund for Excellence Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program ($2,000 per FACS student/faculty mentee award). See details and application here.
Information about research opportunities with FACS faculty is available here.