Heidi H. Ewen
College of Family and Consumer Sciences
|Degree||Field of Study||Institution||Graduation|
|Ph.D.||Gerontology / Behavioral Science||University of Kentucky|
|M.A.||Psychology||University of Tennessee, Knoxville|
|B.A.||Psychology||Eastern Illinois University|
- Ewen, H.H., Emerson, K.G., Washington, T., Carswell, A.T., and Smith, M.L. (2017). Characteristics of HCBS users living in service-rich, service-poor senior housing. Housing and Society.
- Ewen, H.H., Washington, T., Emerson, K.G., Carswell, A.T., and Smith, M.L. (2017). Variation in older adult characteristics by residence type and use of home- and community- based services. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 14 (3), 330.
- Kaskie, B., Carr, D.C., and Ewen, H.H. (2017). What does the emergence of a critical mass of doctoral gerontologists mean to the field? Gerontology and Geriatrics Education. DOI: 10.1080/02701960.2017.1311880.
- Ewen, H.H., Lewis, D.C., Carswell, A.T., Emerson, K.G., Washington,T., and Smith, M.L. (2017). A Model for Aging in Place for in Senior Housing Communities. Journal of Housing for the Elderly, 31 (1), 1-13.
- Ewen, H.H., Nikzad-Terhune, K.A., and ^Chahal, J.K. (2016). The Rote Administrative Approach to Death in Senior Housing: Using the Other Door. Geriatric Nursing, 37(5), 360-365.
- ^Chahal, J.K., Ewen, H.H., Anderson, K.A., and Miles, T. (2015). Institutional Bereavement Care for Fictive Kin: Staff Grief in CCRCs. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, 16(10), 892-895.
- Ewen, H.H., ^Chahal, J., & ^Fenster, E. (2015). A Portrait of Resilience in Caregiving. Research in Gerontological Nursing.
- Ewen, H.H., ^Hahn, S.J., Erickson, M.A. & Krout, J.A. (2014). Aging in Place or Relocation? Plans of Community Dwelling Older Adults. Journal of Housing for the Elderly, 28, 1-22. DOI: 10.1080/07263893.2014.930366.
- Ewen, H.H. & Kinney, J.M. (2014). Application of the Model of Allostasis to Older Women’s Relocation to Senior Housing. Biological Research in Nursing, 16 (2): 198-209. DOI:10.1177/1099800412474682.
- Ewen, H.H. & ^Chahal, J.K. (2013). Influence of Late-Life Stressors on the Decisions of Older Women to Relocate into Congregate Senior Housing. Journal of Housing for the Elderly, 27 (3): 392-408. DOI:10.1080/02763893.2013.813428.
- Anderson, K.A. & Ewen, H.H. (2011). Death in the nursing home: An examination of grief and well-being in nursing assistants. Research in Gerontological Nursing, 4(2): 87-94.
- Anderson, K.A., Ewen, H.H., & Miles, E.A. (2010). The Grief Support in Health Care Scale (GSHCS): Development and Testing. Nursing Research, 59(6): 372-379.
- Erickson, M.A., Robison, J., Ewen, H.H., and Krout, J.A. (2006). Should I stay or should I go? Moving plans of older adults. Journal of Housing for the Elderly, 20 (3): 5-22.
- Gaugler, J.E. and Ewen, H.H. (2005). Building relationships in residential long-term care: Determinants of staff attitudes toward family members in residential long-term care. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 31(9): 19-25.
- Gaugler, J. E., Anderson, K. A., & Holmes, H. H. (2005). Family-based intervention in residential long-term care. Marriage & Family Review, 37: 45-62. Simultaneously published in Caputo, R. K. (Ed.,) Challenges of Aging on U.S. Families. Haworth Press.
- Gaugler, J. E. and Holmes, H. H. (2003). Families and the institutionalization experience: Adaptation and intervention. The Clinical Psychologist, 7 (1): 32-43.
- Krout, J., Moen, P., Holmes, H., Oggins, J., and Bowen, N. (June, 2002). Reasons for relocation to a continuing care retirement community. Journal of Applied Gerontology, 21 (2): 236-256.
- Beissner, K., Collins, J., and Holmes, H. (2000). Extremity strength and range of motion as predictors of function in older adults. Physical Therapy, 80 (6): 556-563.
- Krout, J., Oggins, J. & Holmes, H. (2000). Patterns of service use in a continuing care retirement community. The Gerontologist, 40 (6): 698-705.