College of Family and Consumer Sciences
PhD Candidate, Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Polymer, Fiber, and Textile Sciences)
|Degree||Field of Study||Institution||Graduation|
|M.Sc||Clothing & Textiles||Maharaja Sayaji Rao University, India||2002|
|B.Sc||Clothing & Textiles||Maharaja Sayaji Rao University, India||2000|
Functional coatings, Nanocellulose, Textile dyeing, and coloration.
Teaching Assistant Textiles Merchandising and Interiors, UGA.
TXMI 3500: Textiles (SP 20)
TXMI 3520: Textile Testing (Fall 17, SP 18, Fall 18, SP 19, Fall 19)
TXMI 4560: Survey of Apparel and Soft Goods Manufacturing (SP 17)
TXMI 4565: Global Sourcing and Logistics of Textile Products and Apparel (SP 17)
Prior Professional Positions
|Organization||Title||Years of Service|
|Benchmark Clothing Pvt. Ltd, Surat, India||Production Merchandiser||2005-2007|
|Fashion and Textile Science, Cadence School of Fashion, Bhilai, India||Teaching Faculty||2004 – 2005|
|Government Girls Polytechnic College, Jagdalpur, India||Lecturer||2003 – 2004|
|Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI), Chennai and Tata International Ltd. (Leather Unit), Dewas, India||Intern||2001|
|Award Name||Awarded By||Year Awarded|
|Innovative and Interdisciplinary Research Grant||Graduate School, UGA||2019|
|Graduate Student Paper Competition, Third Position||Fiber Society International Conference||2019|
|Anne and Earl Haltiwanger Scholarship||FACS, UGA||2019|
|AATCC Foundation Student Research Support Grant||AATCC||2017, 2018|
|Jones-Anderson Family Endowment||FACS, UGA||2018|
|Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award||Graduate School, UGA||2018|
|Eleonora M. Costa Graduate Support Fund and the Jones-Anderson Family Endowment||FACS, UGA||2017|
|American Chemical Society||Student Member||2020 -|
|American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists||Student Member||2019 -|
|Graduate Student Organization, TMI, UGA||Vice President||2017-2018|
|Arts Center of the Capital Region, Troy NY||Member||2015-2016|
|Seattle Weavers Guild, Seattle WA||Member||2009 -2012|
|Pratt Fine Arts Center, Seattle WA||Member||2009 -2012|
Conferences and Presentations
- Nanofibrillated Cellulose for Sustainable Textile Coloration, Oral Presentation, ACS Spring 2020 National Meeting & Expo, Philadelphia, PA (Cancelled due to covid19)
- Natural Indigo based Nanocellulose Gel Dyeing of Cotton Textile, Poster Presentation, Fiber Society’s 2019, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, GA.
- The Sustainable and Eco-friendly Dyeing/Coating of Cotton with Nanocellulose-Indigo Gel, Graduate Student Paper Competition, Fiber Society’s 2019, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, GA.
- Natural Indigo based Nanocellulose Gel Dyeing of Cotton Textile, Poster Presentation, ISMR 2019, University of Georgia, Athens, GA.
- “Sustainable Textile Dyeing Technology” Oral Presentation, ISMR 2019, University of Georgia, Athens, GA.
- The Sustainable and Eco-friendly Dyeing/Coating of Cotton with Nanocellulose-Indigo Gel, IAB 2019, University of Georgia, Athens, GA.
- Sustainable Nanocellulose Dyeing Technology for Cotton/Polyester Blended Textiles, Poster Presentation, AATCC International Conference, Dallas, TX.
- “Natural Indigo Dye based Nanocellulose Gel Dyeing of Cotton Textiles” Poster presentation, Techtextil North America 2019 Poster Program, Raleigh, NC.
- Sustainable Applications of Fibrillated Nanocellulose, appti 2019, Advancing Commercialization of Nanocellulose, Washington, DC.
- “Nanocellulose Gel Based Dyeing of Cotton/ Polyester Blended Fabrics” Poster presentation, Third International Symposium on Materials from Renewables 2018, North Dakota State University, Fargo.
- “Nanocellulose based Dyeing for Cotton/ Polyester Blend Fabrics” Texprocess Americas Tech Talks 2018, Atlanta, GA.
- “Reactive- Disperse Dye Based Nanocellulose Gel Dyeing of Polyester- Cotton Fabrics” Poster presentation, Techtextil North America and Texprocess Americas Graduate Student Poster Program 2018, Atlanta, GA.
- “Natural Indigo based Nanocellulose Gel Dyeing of Cotton Textiles” Poster presentation, Fiber Society Conference 2017, The University of Georgia, Athens.
- “Nanocellulose Gel based Natural Dyeing for Cotton and Blends”, SEC Graduate Student Consortium 2017, The University of Georgia, Athens
- “Natural Dyes”, TXMI 2100: Textiles for consumers, 2017.
- "Origins", 7th Aaina, Seattle Asian Art Museum (SAAM), Seattle, WA. 2012
- “Play”, Nordic Roots in Contemporary American Textiles, Nordic Heritage Museum, Seattle, WA. 2012
- "Origins", Nature in Fiber, Seattle Weaver’s Guild (SWG) show, Seward Park Environmental & Audubon Center, Seattle, WA. 2012
- "Spiritual Ties to Culture (Recycling)", Art of the wall, SWG Annual Exhibition cum Sale, Seattle, WA. 2011
- "Yoni Ki Baat", 6th Aaina, Seattle Asian Art Museum (SAAM), Seattle, WA. 2011
- "Spiritual ties to Culture", Weaving a cultural Tapestry, Shoreline Art Festival, Shoreline, WA. 2009
- "Making Waves with what We Wear", The Association of Northwest Weavers' Guilds (ANWG) Conference, Spokane, WA. 2009
- "Independence Day 2003", Nehru Art Gallery, Bhilai, India. 2003
- "Shakti" (The Power), Nehru Art Gallery, Bhilai, India. 2002
- “Creations 2000”, Fashion Show, MSU, Baroda, India. 2000
- Dyeing of Cotton Yarns for Denim with Eco-friendly Nanocellulose Gel - Natural Indigo Dispersion.
- Sustainable and Eco-friendly Dyeing of Cotton-Polyester Blended Fabric using Nanocellulose Gel-based Dyeing.
- Determination of Antimicrobial Activity of Cotton Dyed with Nanocellulose - Indigo Gel.
- The Sustainable and Eco-friendly Dyeing/Coating of Cotton with Nanocellulose - Indigo Gel.
- "Dyeing of Fibers and Impact on the Environment" Chapter 13, Raha Saremi, Smriti Rai and Suraj Sharma, “Green Composites 2: Industrial Applications", forthcoming.
- “The Optimization of Novel Nanocellulose Gel-Reactive Dye Coating for Textile Applications”, with B. J. Lee, S. Daubenmire, E. Lee, S. Rai, R. Saremi, A. Liyanapathiranage , T. N. Sriram , A. Mandal , and S. Sharma, Colourage, June 2019, pp. 32-41
- “Application of Eco-friendly Henna Leaves for Dyeing Leather”, A. Karolia, S.Dilliwar Textile industry & Trade Journal, Vol. 44, No. 5-6, May- June 2006, Pages 33- 38.
- “Natural Yellow Dyes from Marigold Flowers for Leather”, A. Karolia, S. Dilliwar Colourage, June 2004, pp. 31-38
- “Dyeing of Garment Leather with Tessue”, A. Karolia, S. Dilliwar Textile Industry of India, Nov 2003, pp. 20-28