How to Be Added to a Waitlist
- To view the available seats in a class and the number of waitlist seats open, look at the Status column in the Find Classes section on the Register for Classes page.
- Find the course you wish to add. Click "Add."
- The course will display in the Course Summary. Select “Waitlisted” from the Action dropdown box. Click “Submit.”
- The waitlisted course will appear in your Current Schedule with a status of "Waitlisted."
Please note that until the course appears in your Current Schedule, you are not registered for that course nor are you added to the waitlist for that course.
How to Be Removed from a Waitlist
To remove a waitlisted course from your Current Schedule, select “Web Drop” from the “Action” dropdown menu and click “Submit Changes."
- You can only be added to the waitlist for one section of a course.
- You cannot be added to a waitlist if you are already registered for a different section of the same course.
- You cannot be added to a waitlist for a course if it would cause a time conflict with another course.
- The waitlist of a term is purged three days before drop/add begins for that term.
For complete instructions, including screen shots and possible error messages, see the Office of the Registrar’s Waitlisting page.