There is a 100% placement rate for Family and Consumer Sciences Education graduates in teaching positions in the State of Georgia.
As a teacher, you will interact with middle and high school students and help to shape their futures. You will be a part of developing students' lives in areas such as eating healthy, developing in their families, and improving their homes.
FACS Education majors have multiple teaching offers in the State of Georgia after graduation. Placement is 100%. FACS Education graduates teach courses in nutrition, parenting, childcare, fashion merchandising, and interior design. Graduates are also employed as educators by government entities, business and industry, or community based non-profits.
The FACS Education curriculum is comprised of College of Education teaching methodology courses and courses from the following emphasis areas offered by the College of Family and Consumer Sciences:
- Human Development and Family Science
- Foods and Nutrition
- Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics
- Textiles, Merchandising and Interiors
Which pathway is right for you?
- Community Outreach. Learn to develop and implement educational programs to improve economic well-being and quality of life for students of all ages in their lives outside of the classroom.
- Culinary. Introduce students to the wide variety of careers in the food service industry. Work with local food service establishments to arrange internships ensuring graduates have the skills they need to launch an exciting career in culinary arts.
- Financial Planning. Prepare students to pursue a rewarding career helping consumers to make the most of their financial resources in jobs such as community educator, credit counselor, wealth manager, or Certified Financial Planner®.
- Interiors, Fashion, & Textiles. Inspire students to pursue a career in industries including the manufacture of textiles and apparel, residential interior design, and everything in between.
- Early Childhood. Provide students with the basic skills and knowledge needed for a successful career working in child care, schools, and other settings.
- Foods & Nutrition. Familiarize students with the wide variety of career options to help people lead healthier lives by improving diets and food-handling practices.
Double Dawgs Pathways
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education B.S.F.C.S. / Workforce Education M.A.T. Contact Lauren Flowers for information regarding this program.
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education B.S.F.C.S. / Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics M.S. with Area of Emphasis in Applied Consumer Analytics (Non-thesis). Contact Swarn Chatterjee for information regarding this program.
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education B.S.F.C.S. / Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics M.S. with Area of Emphasis in Financial Planning (Non-thesis). Contact Swarn Chatterjee for information regarding this program.