Dean’s Update 8/21/23
Now that we have made it through the hustle and bustle of the first week of classes, I want to say welcome back and, for those who are new, welcome to UGA and FACS!
Dawson and Barrow halls are once again buzzing, and the anticipation of what’s to come this semester is palpable.
I am excited to share about new programs for faculty: the FACS Faculty Leadership Fellows Program and Mentorship Program; new pipelines for staff: UGA Journeys; and new avenues for recruitment of undergraduate and graduate students: the recently launched and ongoing #WeAreFACS campaign.
As you may have noticed, Dawson Hall has changed for the better. New paint, updated graduate student offices, changes in classrooms, and, perhaps most exciting, is the new outdoor space to be completed by mid-fall.
Within all this new and change, we are proud to know who we are as educators, researchers, learners, and collaborators. We are FACS!
FACS Faculty Leadership Fellows Program
This new program aligns with the college’s strategic plan by providing faculty members with leadership opportunities that will enhance their professional and leadership development and contribute to the success of the college. Within the two-year commitment, fellows will engage with the wider university community as well as in cohort activities and FACS administration activities.
I am pleased to introduce new FACS Faculty Fellows:
- Dee Warmath, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Yoo-Kyoung Seock, Graduate Programs
- Jennifer Gonyea, Kristy Archuleta and Megan Ford, Financial Therapy
- Alison Berg, Clinical Translational Science Alliance (CTSA) Community Engagement
The Fellows will be describing their projects at the upcoming College Assembly.
We Are FACS
We released a new undergraduate student recruitment video this summer that showcases the best of FACS, emphasizing the family feel of the college and the diverse career pathways our students can pursue after graduation. We’d love your help in amplifying this video within your personal networks.
The video is a key feature of our new We Are FACS webpage, which features individual stories of some of our students and information about all of our majors. The FACS communications office also has prepared toolkits with graphics and social media copy to make it easy for you to share this content. If you have questions or would like to know more about how you can help, please email Cal Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org
New FACS Faculty
- Sha’Mira Covington, Assistant Professor, TMI
- Charles Geier, Professor, HDFS
- Jeyeon Jo, Assistant Professor, TMI
- Travis Mountain, Assistant Professor & Extension Specialist, FHCE
- Michelle Parisi, Associate Professor & Extension Specialist, NUTR
- Jim Pasztor, Lecturer, FHCE
- Catherine Trugman, Lecturer, TMI
New FACS Staff
- Jennah Cody, CDL
- Linda Duvoisin, IHDD
- Bernard Green, Director of Student Success and Advising Center (SSAC)
- Suzanne Griffeth, Director of Development, Dean’s Office
- Matthew Hampl, Project Manager HDFS
- Cecily Hill, Post Awards Grant Manager, BFO
- Sierra Lindsey, CDL
- Lauren McLennan, Grant Specialist, Dean’s Office
- Zachary Morris, Office Manager, TMI
- Angela Romero-Shih, Academic Advisor, SSAC
- Brianna Tiglao, CDL
- Madison Tilley, CDL
- Caitlin Vinson, Student Affairs and Marketing, FHCE
August 26 – FACS Alumni Board Meeting
September 2 -UGA vs. UT Martin, Sanford Stadium
October 19, 4-6 pm – Donor-Scholar Reception – Mahler Hall
October 25, 2:30 - 4:00 pm– FACS College Assembly – Special Collections Library, Room 271
November 4 – FACS Homecoming Tailgate, UGA vs. Kentucky
December 15 – FACS Fall Convocation – Mahler Hall
Anisa M. Zvonkovic
Dean and Georgia Athletic Association Professor in Family and Consumer Sciences