FACS Connection - April 9, 2021
A weekly digest of news, events, and opportunities for all undergraduate FACS students.
Friday, April 9, 2021
- Dawg Check
- UGAVirtual Greece – Scholarships Available
- Student Success and Advising Center – Internship Opportunity
- FACS Pick of the Week
- UGA Cortona Study Abroad
- UGA Extension: COVID-19 Resources
- Archside Chat – Life After College
1. Dawg Check
The University of Georgia is committed to a safe environment for its faculty, students, and staff. As a part of our commitment, we ask that you use DawgCheck to:
- Check your current health condition and report exposure daily using this link!
- Should you test positively for Covid-19, you are required to report the test results here.
- You will receive these prompts via email. You may enroll in text/SMS messages for these alerts by registering here.
- If you have questions or require more information, please visit dawgcheck.uga.edu.
The Student Success and Advising Center is seeking interns for this summer and the fall. If you're looking to gain experience in the areas of Business, Higher Education, Student Affairs, Recruitment, and Project Management, this internship is for you! It is also eligible as an Experiential Learning opportunity!
Click the link to learn more and apply. https://www.fcs.uga.edu/ssac/ssac-internship
Get the Finals Scoop!
The FACS Alumni Association and the Student Success and Advising Center are hosting the Lil’ Ice Cream Dude at Dawson Hall in April. Take a break from studying and treat yourself to a free ice cream! Registration is required to receive a free ice cream. Register here: [bit.ly/FACSFreeTreat]
Date: Wednesday, April 21st
Time: 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Behind Dawson Hall
The University of Georgia's oldest study abroad program has been operating in the medieval Tuscan hill town of Cortona, Italy for more than 50 years. UGA Cortona offers an extensive list of studio art and art history courses, as well as classes in Italian, English, Women's Studies, Science, Business, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design, and Agriculture. Earn UGA credit while living in Tuscany and traveling with the program to Italian cities such as Rome, Florence, Venice, Siena, Naples, Orvieto, Assisi, and many more!
UGA Extension has compiled a list of helpful resources related to the COVID-19 vaccine. To get the latest information, visit extension.uga.edu/emergencies.
We are hosting a panel for students to speak to alumni about preparing for life after college! The panel will focus on discussion topics such as what activities you can get involved in to help boost your resume, tips on searching for a job during economic downturn, and how to prepare for your first job. Register today by filling out the link here!
We will have three FACS alumni featured on our panel:
- Latrice Lyle is a FACS alumni with a degree in in Family Financial Planning and is the founder of EdQuity consulting
- Blake Williams is a FACS alumni with a degree in Financial Planning and is currently a Partner at SignatureFD, LLC and a co-Founder of SignatureFD LLC’s specialized SignatureEXEC practice.
- Geoff Bell is a FACS alumni with a degree in Consumer Economics and is currently a testing and experimentation analyst for Lowe's companies, Inc. for their digital ecommerce team.
New to FACS? View the FACS Connection Archives for past newsletters!
Items for FACS Connection should be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. Instructions on formatting a FACS Connection entry can be found here.