Admission is competitive and is based on the following criteria:
- Evaluation of transcripts – GPA of at least 3.0
- GRE scores - minimum of 300 (150 verbal and 150 quantitative)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Applicant's statement of goals including research interests
- Resume (summary of your educational background and relevant experience)
- International students - official TOEFL or IELTS scores
Prospective students must complete materials for the UGA Graduate School.
In response to COVID-19 pandemic, the following changes are made for the Fall 2021 admission cycle:
- GRE score will be temporary waived for the admission cycle for Fall 2021.
- For international students, Duolingo English Test (DET) score will be accepted as English Proficiency Test.
Applications for admission and all supporting documents must be received in the Graduate School Office by the following deadlines:
Fall semester: July 1 (January 1 for full consideration for financial aid)
Spring semester: November 15
Fall semester: April 15 (January 1 for full consideration for financial aid)
Spring semester: October 15