Live, learn and work in the heart of London
The global educational and international internship opportunities are only part of the excitement. Earn 6-9 credit hours in this six-week, June-July program through class and an internship. You will live in a flat located in the heart of London. Through the internship experience, you will have hands-on engagement with fashion, art and design studios, advertising/public relations/marketing firms, global organizations serving families and children, financial enterprises and more. You will also have ample opportunities to visit museums, take in theater, visit historic sites, attend art festivals and local markets and tour landmarks from Stonehenge and the Tower of London.
Dates: May 27 - July 12, Summer Thru Session 2020 (projected)
Application Deadline: 01/01/2020
Approximate Cost: $6,350 (tentative)
Program fee includes six weeks in a flat in Central London; transportation pass for buses and underground trains; orientation program; sightseeing tour of London; a ticket for the London Eye; two theatre tickets; two full-day guided day trips from London by private coach; afternoon tea river cruise and entrance to the Tower of London; access to computer lab and library at AIFS, British Life and Culture lectures; access to the AIFS student center, emergency contact services, services of an experienced AIFS program coordinator and student advisors; classroom equipped with computer and projector; internship placement for students who select this option, classes and guided tours for students taking courses.
Other costs: Roundtrip airfare to London, passport and Tier 4 Visa for internship (must be obtained before arriving in the UK); UGA tuition and fees for six hours of credit; expenses in London: meals, souvenirs and other personal expenses.
Pre-departure Meetings for London are mandatory during Spring semester 2020 for all students accepted into the program. Dates for meetings will be announced later in January 2020
While studying in London, students will experience
- The excitement of living in an international city while earning college credits.
- The richness of London’s museums, theatre, fashion, business, and financial districts.
- Opportunities for day trips to places such as Bath and Stonehenge.
- London's historical sights such as the Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace
- Fabulous markets, beautiful parks, and a delicious array of international foods
- FACS 5711/7711 (British Life and Culture), required 3 hours of credit, Instructor, Silvia Giraudo
- FACS 5915/7915 (International Internship), required 3 hours of credit, Instructor, Silvia Giraudo
- FDNS5710/7710 (Nutrition and Health) required 3 hours of credit, Instructor, Silvia Giraudo
Date: November 13, 2020, 4:00 p.m.
Room: Dawson 216