What you'll do
- Intern with residential design firms and industry showroom companies
- Meet corporate executives
- Talk with residential design professionals and professionals in related fields
- Study abroad and in New York City
- Participate in student and alumni events
Education Abroad and Domestic
The 6 week London Study Program offers both coursework and internships. Maymester programs include 10 days in Peru and 7 days in New York City.
Join the National Kitchen and Bath Association student group so you can network with industrial professionals, develop skills in residential design, textiles and custom cabinetry production.
The curriculum is focused on providing creative design solutions that promote health, safety and well-being within the built environment.
Course of study includes:
- Design Fundamentals
- Graphic Communication
- Illustration and Presentation Methods
- Computer-aided Drawing
- 3-D Computer Modeling and Rendering
- Design Studio Core
- Kitchen and Bath Design
- Interior Materials, Fixtures and Finishes
- Textiles (End Use and Performance)
- Building Systems and Construction
- Lighting Design
- Specification and Estimating
- Professional Practices
- History of Architecture and Design
- Business Practices
- Professional Ethics
- ADA Codes and Compliance
- LEED and Sustainability
Through an interdisciplinary, hands-on approach, you are challenged to create innovative design solutions that promote health, safety, and wellbeing, ultimately improving the quality of life within the interior built environment.
The Furnishings and Interiors internship is offered during Summer semester between a student's junior and senior year in the major. FI majors register for 3 hours of credit for TXMI 5910. Before students may begin their summer internships, they must first successfully complete the TXMI 4901 Professional Practice course. This course is offered during spring semester of their junior year. Internships are worth 3 hours of credit of TXMI 5910. Students pay tuition for this course based on their regular UGA student status: in-state or out-of-state no matter where you intern.
Thank you to Corporate Environments for donating lounge seating to be used in TMI's gallery space in Barrow Hall.