The GSGEF was founded over 25 years ago and provides student scholarships and funding assistance to Fashion Merchandising students and faculty in the Textiles, Merchandising, and Interiors department.
Scholarships are awarded to students majoring in Fashion Merchandising in the Department of Textiles, Merchandising and Interiors. Preference is given to students with an emphasis in Product Development & Design. Students will be chosen based on a combination of the following:
- Financial need
- Future study abroad participant
- Internship goals
Students should apply early in the Fall Semester for each year’s awards.
- New York City Study Away Application - Maymester
- $1,250 Charlie Gilbert Study Abroad Maymester
- $2,500 award to Grady Jackson Summer Intern in the NYC Fashion Industry
- $1,000 Buhler Leadership & Academic Scholar Award
- $1,000 Georgia Soft Goods Education Foundation Award Application (Peru Study Away)
$7,500 FSF YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund
This is a $7,500 Scholarship and open to all undergraduates with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Additional scholarships can be found on the FACS Scholarships page.
- The Charles Gilbert Study Abroad Award: Awards are made annually to be used for study abroad programs.
- New York Fashion Industry Summer Intern Award: A $2500 award is given annually to a student pursuing a summer internship in NYC. Here’s the 2015 NYC Alumni & Student Reception.
- The Buhler Leadership and Scholar Award: A $1000 scholarship is awarded annually for academic achievement and leadership.
- YMA Fashion Scholarships: Numerous $7,500 scholarships are awarded annually by the YMA in New York City. For more information visit YMA Fashion Scholarships.
What We Do
We work in close cooperation with the Dean and Faculty of the School of Family & Consumer Sciences. The Foundation funds Professorships, Scholarships, Study Abroad Programs, as well as other academic needs identified by the faculty. The Foundation also helps to network students for internships and post-graduation employment in our industry in fields such as design, product development, merchandising, sourcing, retailing, logistics, and quality control. The work of the Foundation is funded by a trust, as well as other fundraising activities such as an annual reception during Fashion Week at the University. The Foundation is governed by an open membership Board of Directors who meet twice annually at the University.
The sponsorship from GSGEF provides awards and scholarships for study abroad, internships, and a named scholarship for 1 year. These are given to students majoring in FM based on the criteria of leadership, GPA, financial need, future study abroad participation, and internship goals.
- Red Sponsor - $5,000
- 2014 Buhler
- 2013 Buhler
- 2011 Lectra and Buhler
- 2010 Lectra and Riverside
- Black Sponsor - $2,500
- Silver Sponsor - $1,000