Since 1980, the Distinguished Alumni Award has recognized a graduate of Family and Consumer Sciences who has made lifelong contributions that reflect the beliefs and values of the College.
- Clinical Professor and Director of Dietetics at the University of Georgia.
- Obtained her BS in Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Delaware in 1995, moved to Georgia to complete her dietetic internship at Emory University Hospital in 1996, and joined FACS as a graduate student in 1997 where she earned two degrees under mentor Rick Lewis.
- Her career has spanned two decades in federal and industry-funded research, teaching, administration and mentoring students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Teaches a wide range of courses at UGA, including medical nutrition therapy, nutrition counseling, professional development, and intuitive eating and serves as the faculty advisor for the Student Dietetic Association.
- Has received several teaching, mentoring, and diversity and inclusion awards from FACS, the UGA Career Center, and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and was recently named one of UGA’s Active Learning Leaders by the Center for Teaching and Learning.
- Serves as a Media Spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Her professional accomplishments exemplify values of student focus, integrity, innovation, and social responsibility.