Our department's clinical and community research opportunities in obesity and related disorders offer multidisciplinary partnerships across the UGA campus and beyond. Our projects target optimal food and nutrient intakes as well as other genetic and lifestyle factors that promote obesity prevention and health maintenance throughout the lifespan.
Many of our faculty and students are members of UGA's Obesity Initiative.
- Bioactive Compounds and Health Research Laboratory
- Biochemistry of Metabolism Laboratory
- Child Diet and Health Disparities Research Laboratory
- Childhood Obesity/Nutrition Intervention Laboratory
- Human Nutrition Laboratory
- Maternal and Child Nutrition Laboratory
- Nutrition and Skeletal Health Laboratory