Hospitals require background checks, drug screens, TB tests, and/or immunization records, and may require medical exams, a flu shot, and completion of CPR training. You are responsible for the costs of these procedures. The typical cost for the background check and drug screen is $95.00. Purchasing liability insurance (approximately $37) is also required for hospital settings. CPR costs approximately $85. Two TB tests cost approximately $45. If your site uses ACEMAPP, there is a $50 charge to students. See more below about ACEMAPP procedures.*
*ACEMAPP Procedures (for hospital placements only):
Most hospitals use Acemapp. Your instructor will enter your name and contact info into Acemapp, and you will be contacted by them with instructions on how to upload your documents there. Other helpful hints for the required procedures are below:
For the Immunizations, you likely have most of them (see their list of requirements). But you will need to get some recent TB tests within a certain time frame. The UGA Health Center can do the TB tests. When complete, print your immunization record from the University Health Center (Go to: http://www.uhs.uga.edu/appts_forms/health_records.html, it is suggested that you use Chrome or Explorer). This record will need to be uploaded to Acemapp.
For Criminal Background and Drug Screening, you will need a drug screen/background check by Advantage. To ensure successful integration between ACEMAPP and Advantage Students, please confirm the following steps have been performed:
- Log in to your ACEMAPP account.
- From your Central Dashboard, click the "View Student &/or View Clinical Faculty Home" button (this button is blue). You will then be brought to your Student &/or Clinical Faculty page.
- Click on the "Advantage Students" logo on your Student home page.
- Confirm that your email addresses match between your ACEMAPP account and your Advantage Students account.
- Confirm that your reports have been completed and certified within your Advantage Students account.
- Confirm that you have shared any & all of your reports with the appropriate school &/or clinical site.
- Confirm that there are no outstanding items or flags in your Advantage Students report.
- Confirm that your reports are not expired, if applicable (there will be a red notification beneath the School &/or Hospital you have shared with if your reports are expired).
For a step-by-step guide to this process, you may also refer to our Help Desk article.
- Note: Please pay special attention to the FAQ section if the above steps do not work.
If you have ensured the above steps have been performed and are still unable to link your accounts, please contact Advantage Students at (800) 800-3774 or email email@example.com.
You will need CPR certification, and it must be Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association. Many students use AthensCPR.com.
You will also need Professional Liability Insurance. Most students use HPSO.com. You will have to upload a copy of your policy to Acemapp which you usually get within 48 hrs after applying.
For Piedmont sites:
Go to the Piedmont website (https://www.piedmont.org), Click on For Medical Professionals at the top, and the Click on Student Orientation on the left side and follow the directions.