Each graduate programs (on campus and online) uses the same Statement of Purpose template.
Respond to the following:
- Summarize your career goals and how the degree program (Accelerated M.S., M.S. Non-Thesis, M.S., or Ph.D.) would help you attain those goals.
- Describe your academic interests and how your interests fit with specific faculty in the Department of Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics. Explain why the faculty member(s) is best suited to support your interest(s).
- We strive to admit students whose academic interests and professional goals may be advanced by our current graduate faculty; we encourage you to review their bios.
- Describe any experiences you have had that illustrate your commitment to pursue graduate training.
- These may include, but are not limited to, your academic training, research and/or publication experiences, professional experience, volunteer activities, etc.
- Briefly describe how you became aware of our graduate programs.
- Is there anything else you would like our faculty to know when evaluating your application?