We provide you with networking and professional opportunities in the financial planning community.
The Student Financial Planning Association (SFPA) welcomes all students, regardless of current major, who share an interest in financial planning. SFPA focuses on connecting students with employers and faculty, creating internship and job opportunities for members, and building a community of young professionals with an interest and passion for financial planning.
Our meetings typically feature financial planning firms wanting to share industry experience and provide opportunities for our members. Additionally, we host social and community outreach events to connect our members with each other!
- President: Joshua Brumbach
- Vice President: Zane Rosenbaum
- Secretary: Leslie Padilla
- Treasurer: Everett Sinclair
- PR Chair: Rob Burgess
- Advisor: Michael Gene Thomas
Bi-monthly on Tuesdays at 6pm, Dawson Hall. (Check social media pages for specific meeting dates)
Dawson Hall (room varies between meetings, check social media pages for specific meeting locations)
Your membership registration includes:
- Attendance to bi-monthly meetings with leading financial planning firms, practitioners, and thought-leaders
- Invitation to many academic, social, and community service events throughout the year
- Registration and travel to financial planning conferences at discounted or supplemented rates
- Opportunity to attend the annual Financial Planning Banquet at a discounted rate
Join us on our social media to stay connected with our organization and find out about upcoming meetings and events.
How to Become a Member
In order to be an official UGA SFPA member, we ask that you pay dues of $15 to cover meeting costs, events, and other needs to support our group. Becoming a member qualifies you for reduced rates of attendance to the Financial Planning Banquet, discounted SFPA gear, and other exclusive financial planning events including all of our meetings at no additional cost.
We encourage our members to also join the National and local chapters of the Financial Planning Association (FPA). National membership includes:
- 1-year subscription to the Journal of Financial Planning and BusinessWeek
- Discounted national and local FPA conferences and meetings
- Can serve as a student worker to attend conferences and meetings for free
- Participate in internship and externship opportunities
- Receive access to FPA’s national job board
- Find a supportive community ready to help you launch your career
For a list of all FPA membership benefits, click here.
For more information on active job and internship opportunities, find them on UGA Handshake.