The FACS Directory is accessible by the People link at the top of every page.
Users add themselves by filling out the Add/Edit Profile form.
A photo is required for a profile.
Departments remove their members who have left.
- You get a public profile that typically ranks highly on search engines to promote/identify yourself.
- You are easily added into any web page as contact or team member.
- You are automatically included in your department directory.
- You are automatically included into listservs.
For Content Admins
You can manually edit profiles the directory by using the Profiles channel.
Note: Directory index pages are cached, so your changes will normally be visible the day after you edit it.
- Open your directory index
- Click somebody who has left
- Click "Edit Page" at the bottom right
- Go to the Options tab
- Set "Status" to "Closed"
You may alternatively do this within Expression Engine if you go to Edit > Profiles and change the "Category" dropdown to your department. This lists everybody inside Expression Engine's control panel.
How to manually include a member
You can add a member so that they don't have to fill out the Add/Edit Profile form. This can be a good idea if they're temporary like an intern and only need a basic profile, and won't need to edit it going forward.
- Open Expression Engine
- Go to Create > Profiles
- Define required fields:
- Title as "Firstname Lastname," like "John Doe"
- First Name
- Last Name
- Define any other optional fields