Undergraduate scholarships can help pay for tuition, books, fees, housing, and meal plans. Apply using the button below. We will let you know by the end of April if you have been awarded a scholarship.
Step 1: Meet Requirements
- Be admitted into an approved undergraduate major program in the College of Family and Consumer Sciences.
If you are an incoming freshman to UGA with a major in FACS, submit your application with a copy of your acceptance letter from UGA to be considered for undergraduate scholarships.
- Approximately ¼ of the scholarships are need based and require that you have completed a FAFSA for the upcoming academic year.
- Meet any additional criteria that are specific to the scholarship eligibility requirements as stipulated in the fund agreement. View Scholarship List to check additional criteria.
- You will need to ask one faculty member for a reference. Follow the directions for submitting your online application, which includes selecting a faculty reference. Be sure to ask and gain approval from a faculty member before selecting them as a reference on a scholarship application.
Deadline: March 1, 2021
Step 2: Apply
- These scholarships are competitive and not every student who applies will receive an award.
- Scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the Celebrating Excellence luncheon in October.
- Money is not available until 10 days prior to the first day of class for the semester awarded, and will be used to pay tuition first. Contact the Bursar's Office for details.
- Click here for information regarding international student eligibility for financial need-based scholarships.
- It is the student's responsibility to ensure that their application is complete, which includes following up with your faculty reference to make sure that a reference form has been submitted.