First apply to Study Away, Undergraduate, or Graduate, so we can find all of the major scholarships you qualify for. After that, check here to see if you qualify for these additional funds and scholarships.
FACS Alumni Association Scholarship II
The FACS Alumni Association Scholarship II is a need-based scholarship awarded to a student who is enrolled in the College of Family and Consumer Sciences and has declared their major within the college. This scholarship award is $1,000 and is open to both undergraduate and graduate students. Funds will be awarded in fall 2021. The application will be open March 2 – March 26, 2021.
- Reference letter from a faculty member (PDF format)
- Statement of Interest
- Outline of professional and scholastic goals
- Undergraduates, visit Undergraduate Research. Stipends in the amount of $1,000 are awarded every semester that fund your research alongside of a faculty mentor. You may also qualify for the Burton-Fowler Undergraduate Research Award.
- FDN undergraduates, contact Hea Jin Park to see if you qualify for the Berdanier Grant, which lets you conduct research with faculty and research teams.
- HDFS doctoral students, contact Steve Kogan to see if you qualify for the Price and Coker Award.
- Graduate students, the Jan M. Hathcote Social Science Academic Support Fund and graduate research grants program is for FACS M.S. or doctoral graduate students who have identified their research project, have the support of their major professor, and have a strong interest in the social sciences in the various departments of the college. A two page proposal, brief statement of proposed research plan and budget request for funds are due Monday, September 14th. Current FACS students should consult with their faculty advisors and obtain a copy of the guidelines from the Dean’s Office or the department office. Up to $1,500 is available for the academic year 2020-2021.
The deadline to submit applications to the FACS Dean's Office for Graduate Student Travel Funding is Monday, Sept. 9, for fall semester and January 15 for spring and summer semesters. Students interested should complete the application located at the links below.
All signatures are required on these forms as well. Applications received earlier than Sept. 9 will be held for review on September 10, by Dean Fox. Funding will be awarded based on availability of funds. An email will be sent to students notifying them of their award and the department head, graduate coordinator, departmental accountant and, Business Office will be copied on the email as well. Please let Lynn Parham know if you have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate + graduate students, view the Don Bower Extension Experience Fund, which grants $1,000 for travel, conference fees, supplies, or other internship needs.
Textiles, Merchandising and Interiors
TMI students can apply for scholarships to support internships, study abroad, and to be recognized for academic excellence through the Georgia Soft Goods Education Foundation. Applications for these scholarships are available each fall semester. TMI students may also apply for national scholarships through the National Retail Federation, YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund, and the AATCC Concept @ Consumer Student Merchandising Competition. For more information or to apply, contact Greg Vessels.
Human Development and Family Science
The Karen S. Wampler Marriage & Family Therapy Award is awarded to a student in the Marriage and Family Therapy Certificate program. To be considered for the award, a student shall have demonstrated superior skills in both research and clinical work.