Through university, state, and county collaborations, we create and evaluate programs that help individuals develop the skills needed to form and sustain healthy couple relationships.
Informed by research and best practices of family life education, we:
- Empower professionals to integrate relationship and marriage education into existing services and programs for youth, adults, and families. Learn more.
- Help adolescents understand the difference between healthy and unhealthy romantic relationship and steps to developing safe and stable future relationships. Learn more.
- Elevate the quality of couple relationships to promote family stability and positive outcomes for children. Learn more.
- Foster the relationship and economic enrichment of families engaged in child welfare services (Project F.R.E.E.). Learn more.
- UGA Vice President for Research (2010)
- Georgia Department of Community Affairs (2008)
- UGA Vice President for Public Service and Outreach (2007-2008)
- Administration on Children, Youth and Families Children’s Bureau (2008-2014)
- U.S., Dept of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families (2015-2020)
Sample of Outreach Evaluation Reports
Futris, T. G. & Eremechuk, R. (2017). Relationships Smarts Impact Report. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Extension. Grant report prepared for GA Dept of Human Services – Office of Prevention and Family Support.
Futris, T. G., Richardson, E. & Campbell, A. (2016). ELEVATE Georgia DFCS Pilot Training Evaluation Report. Athens, GA: Univ. of Georgia Extension.
Futris, T. G., Richardson, E., Duncan, J., & Mallette, J. (2015). Meeting the Couple and Co-Parenting Relationship Needs of Foster Parents in Georgia: A Needs Assessment of DFCS County Directors. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Extension.
- Futris, T. G., Thurston, D., Lee, T. K, & Head, L. (2014). The Healthy Relationship and Marriage Education Training (HRMET): Georgia Summary Evaluation Report (2011-2013). Athens, GA: University of Georgia Cooperative Extension.
Sample of Outreach Publications
- Futris, T. G., & Adams, T. (2014). Is your dating teen safe? Preventing dating violence. (Publication No. FDNS-E-173-24)
- Futris, T. G. & Richardson, E. (2013). Marriage Matters Tip Sheet Series. (Publication No. HDFS-E-110 to HDFS-E-148).
- Futris, T. G. & Seponski, D. M. (2009) Before you walk down that aisle… Prepare for your marriage! (Publication No. CHFD-E-83).
- Futris, T. G. & Seldin, B. (2008). Is your teen relationship smart? (Publication No. CHFD-E-90)