Preference for Admission to Combined Ph.D./DI:
In addition to the preferences for admission to our graduate programs, Ph.D./DI applicants must have completed the required dietetics coursework from an ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics before entering our Ph.D./DI program (mandatory requirement).
Don't meet the criteria?
If you do not meet our admission criteria, then consider applying to our undergraduate program or enroll as a post-Baccalaureate student (contact: Dr. Rob Pazdro, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.admissions.uga.edu/).
PhD/Dietetic Internship Application Steps
*All three steps are required for consideration.
1. Graduate School
Complete these materials for the UGA Graduate School by December 10 at 5PM EST.
- Application to UGA Graduate School (complete this online).
- Application fee payable to the Graduate School: $75 for domestic and $100 for international students
- Official transcripts from all institutions from which a degree was obtained (OR you can upload an unofficial copy of your transcripts and we will contact you later if we need your official transcripts - see the graduate school website for more information about unofficial transcripts).
- Official GRE scores.
- Official TOEFL scores (international students).
- Three letters of recommendation submitted online (we prefer that letters be submitted online, which let’s you track when the letters have been submitted). After you submit your application online and pay the application fee, the graduate school will send an email instructing your recommenders on how to submit these letters online. You should let your recommenders know that they will be receiving this email. They should write about your suitability for graduate school and a career in nutritional sciences.
- Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree Document (required to apply to the Dietetic Internship program). Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree Document can be found here. Verification Statements will be provided by your DPD Director.
- Statement of Purpose (describe objective for graduate work, career goals, reasons for choosing to apply to our program, and any relevant experiences)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- When requested on the various forms and by various testing services,our major is "Nutritional Sciences" and our Degree Objective/Major Code is 347B for doctorate. The ETS School Code is 5813.
2. DICAS online Centralized Internship Application
The online application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. CT on February 15.
This may be accessed at https://dicas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login, e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org. The fee to use DICAS is $50 for the first application submitted and $25 for each additional application.
Even though you have been asked to request three (3) references for the UGA Graduate School application, you will need to request three (3) references again for your DICAS application. UGA prefers a minimum of two (2) academic references. You may choose to use the same references as on your UGA Graduate School application.
When using DICAS, you will be asked to complete a personal statement. Your personal statement in DICAS for the University of Georgia can be the same (but does not have to be) as your Statement of Purpose on your UGA Graduate School application.
Even though you are required to submit your transcripts to the University of Georgia Graduate School, you will also need to submit them to DICAS. Please refer to the DICAS website for submission directions.
3. Register for Computer Matching
Applicants must be successfully computer-matched to our program by participating in the computer matching process managed by D&D Digital and including the UGA Graduate-DI program as one of their prioritized selections. You will be asked to provide a ranking of dietetic internship programs for which you wish to apply (see your DPD program director for more information). We only participate in the Spring match each year. There is a $65 computer matching fee.
Register online for computer matching at www.dnddigital.com, and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. CT on February 15. For more information on due dates and ranking/reordering ranks, please visit D&D Digital to view the computer matching calendar.
Matches will be posted on the D&D Digital website beginning at 6:00 p.m. CT on Sunday, April 2. Applicants who match to our program must notify the DI Director (Dr. Housley, email@example.com) of their acceptance no later than 6:00 p.m. EST on Monday, April 3.